Firearms Guide

Sorle

Communication Banned
Reaction score
New to PERP? No clue what this fancy "Firearms" stat does or how you actually level it up? Read this guide to find out.

Firearms is a stat in PERP which is linked to crafting weapons, attachments, ammo, etc. You need different Firearms levels to craft different weapons - for example, you require Firearms level 87 to craft a Colt M4A1.

Firearms can possibly be the most daunting stat, due to the excessive amount of information and weapons involved with this. However, once you've got your head around it and you're past a certain point, it's easy sailing.

Here's what to start crafting if you're solely after levels and not bothered about cash:

Format: "Item -> Level up to which to craft this item"

1. Baseball bats -> Firearms level 3
  2. Pistol ammo -> Firearms level 20
  3. Double Barrelled Shotgun -> Firearms level 35
  4. Remington 870 -> Firearms level 40

After this point, craft whatever requires the highest level or costs the most, up until level 66.

5. Sniper Ammo -> Firearms level 85

At this point, you start to unlock popular rifles, such as AK-47s and Colt M4A1s, so you follow the same format of crafting whatever requires the highest level or costs the most, until you eventually hit level 125.

However, there are a few things which sell much better than others, if you're trying to make cash at the same time. (Recommended for newer players)

Format: "Item - Required level to craft this item"

Ammo

Pistol Ammo - Firearms Level 3
Rifle Ammo - Firearms Level 36
Sniper Ammo - Firearms Level 66

Pistols

Beretta M9 - Firearms Level 15
Colt M1911 - Firearms Level 27
HK HK45 CT - Firearms Levl 29
Desert Eagle - Firearms Level 40

Shotguns

Franchi SPAS-12 - Firearms Level 46
Benelli M3 Super 90 - Firearms Level 45

SMGs

HK MP5K - Firearms Level 63

Rifles

AK-47 - Firearms Level 85
Colt M4A1 - Firearms Level 87
AK-101 - Firearms Level 94

Sights

Pistol Reflex Sight - Firearms Level 32
Red Dot Sight - Firearms Level 85
Schmidt & Bender Zenith Scope - Firearms Level 95

This spreadsheet (thanks to @Qyndryx for the foundation) details all of the weapons in the game, and their respective craft price and required levels.

TinyCalc (thanks to @TinySlayer) is a great option for a crafting calculator.

Crafting also requires genes. If you would like to be able to craft every weapon including bombs, this is the setup for you:

2 Regeneration
4 Perception
0 Influence - useless stat
4 Intelligence
3 Strength
2 Dexterity

Let me know if you feel that I need to add anything, or if you have any questions about this. You can do this by either replying, using the comment function, or using the message function on the forums.

Hope this helped.

Last edited:
Reaction score
TL;DR: for firearms levels craft whatever is the highest level for you
For marksmanship, use the longest efficient range for you at your level
t. 100 marksmanship in 3 categories and server first 125 firearms champion
dVz8QHb.png

Reaction score
This spreadsheet is something I have kept to myself and a few others for quite a while. Might as well release it. It has all of the firearms levels guns in order so you know what you should be crafting next. I am now working on sights, suppressors, stocks, etc.

It might seem a bit pointless but it is better than scrolling through the crafting menu to find the next thing you should craft. I have found it to be quite useful.

I am also in the process of making a guide like this with @Janice of all the weapons in PERP. It hasn't really gotten very far due to effort and resources required to make it. I might start work on it again soon. Depends if I have the time or not to do so.

Reaction score
Or you do what gives you easy money and costs you barely anything - Bobby pins
John DaymonHave fun crafting hundreds and hundreds of bobby pins lmao. Only people who are mentally challenged would choose that route. If you have any shred of common sense you would choose what is the highest level required of you to make and go with that until you can you make something else until 125

Reaction score
Sniper rifle ammo is an extraordinary source of XP and always sells really well. Made a lot of it in my time.

Sorle

Communication Banned
Reaction score
UPDATE: Added some extra information to the Marksmanship section, so it now covers the optimal setup for Rifle, Pistol, and SMG Marksmanship.

Reaction score
think you should mention r_ cleardecals, maybe bind it to N so when you've sprayed a clip, press N and the bullet holes dissapear making the red dot alot easier to see.

Sorle

Communication Banned
Reaction score
Will probably end up changing this eventually to make it more up-to-date, still need to gather some more information about the new crafting system which I’ll probably just do through experience.

Last edited:
Reaction score
do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship do not research shotgun marksmanship

Sorle

Communication Banned
Reaction score
Update 22/01/19: Added a guide for Shotgun Marksmanship, so I can now comfortably say the Marksmanship guide is complete. I may make small amendments to the Firearms guide later.