Server Suggestion Fireman's Axe Always Usable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Fireman's Axe Always Usable
Suggestion Description: It would be great if the Fire Axe could always be used. I occasionally get stuck inside larger buildings such as Office when responding to a fire and in buildings such as Office it's sometimes impossible to enter normally due to the Fire being too far away for the Fire Axe to be used

Why should this be added?:
- Allows firemen to always respond to a situation inside a larger building
- allows firemen to always exit after responding to a situation in a larger building

What negatives could this have?:
- Possible need for additional laws for when firemen are able to use their axe. For example: May they save officers/paramedics stuck in a building by breaking down a door?

- Almost no other, If any, other than the possible Fail RP players that every legal job deals with

Reaction score
If accepted, this should probably be locked behind one of the higher Firefighter ranked, Senior Firefighter or maybe even Advanced Firefighter.

Reaction score
I feel like firefighter axes are already used too often to rdm, and providing this power to them would add much more work for the staff team, than occasionally taking out someone who got stuck. Besides that, Police can breach doors without warrant only above CPL/SGT. Ability to breach any doors at any moment as gov employee is just too powerfull and too easy to abuse, therefore i don't think random firefighter can be trusted with it.
However, allowing breaching doors of unowned properties is something that could work in my opinion.

Reaction score
- Allows firemen to always respond to a situation inside a larger building
- allows firemen to always exit after responding to a situation in a larger building

But the only possible way to get stuck in a building is if a broken window respawns (and you haven't opened any doors prior). If it really happens that you can't open doors in large properties like office then make a bug report.

However, allowing breaching doors of unowned properties is something that could work in my opinion.
All of the "artificial" fires are in unowned buildings already. I wouldn't want to see FFs running around breaking down random doors.

Reaction score
I'd prefer this being only usable on windows if there is no fire nearby. You can often times get stuck for whatever reason when the window respawns and you make entry through the window in the first place (Hungriges Schwein) for easier/faster access. As of now I always carry a bathtub and cash register with me, throw the cash register with your fists to the window if it respawns and if it doesnt work you have to do some fuckery with the physgun where you proppush an object into the window to break it, since the fire axe does not break windows when there is no fire nearby.

If there is potential of abuse then restricting this to certain ranks would certainly help.

Reaction score
You can call for police assistance if you somehow trap yourself in an unowned building because you decided to not breach the locked door but a window instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.