Server Suggestion Fishing Skill Level

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Fishing Skill Level
Suggestion Description: Add a new skill level to the server that affects fishing, the higher your fishing level the higher chance of catching the more expensive fish such as salmon or trout and that also changes the speed you catch fish at.

Why should this be added?:
- more reason to fish
- more money when fishing
- re-revive fishing

What negatives could this have?:
- its not needed tbh.

Useful Images:
60-602393_fish-png-big-fish-transparent-background-png-download.png

Reaction score
A negative i can think off is the fact when people get too that higher level they may get targeted by people that look for people too mug as they might think they will get a fair bit off money from this

Na1

Reaction score
A negative i can think off is the fact when people get too that higher level they may get targeted by people that look for people too mug as they might think they will get a fair bit off money from this
Simple solution to this, don't be oblivious and get mugged, Carry a gun or a melee weapon. If you are making more from fishing surely you'll be able to afford one.

rewevie

Communication Banned
Reaction score
based suggestion, fishing right now is only viable if you have 8+ rods

Reaction score
Simple solution to this, don't be oblivious and get mugged. Carry a gun or a melee weapon.
the fact is if u have a gun or a mele weapon how is that gonna stop u from getting mugged? if u are under gp then u cant pull a weapon out can u

Na1

Reaction score
the fact is if u have a gun or a mele weapon how is that gonna stop u from getting mugged? if u are under gp then u cant pull a weapon out can u
As I said, don't be oblivious and go afk in at both docks and kickdown you can position yourself to were you can see if someone runs up.

Reaction score
That's something the fisher has to deal with, they can protect themselves from a mugging, at most, they will lose 15 salmon which is only $3750. The fisher will just have to play it smart.

Reaction score
Tbh if anything about fishing were to be changed, I'd personally prefer a rework, where it becomes possible to equip and use a rod yourself, and catch fish through a mini-game, perhaps with an increased chance of more rare (and new????) fish. Maybe you could even have a 0.001% chance of catching the sea monster. Would definitely make it much more interactive, instead of just feeling like a semi-AFK money farm.

Not to say that I disagree with this suggestion, but I'm not sure if it'll be the "re-revival of fishing" that you expect it to be.

Reaction score
Tbh if anything about fishing were to be changed, I'd personally prefer a rework, where it becomes possible to equip and use a rod yourself, and catch fish through a mini-game, perhaps with an increased chance of more rare (and new????) fish. Maybe you could even have a 0.001% chance of catching the sea monster. Would definitely make it much more interactive, instead of just feeling like a semi-AFK money farm.

Not to say that I disagree with this suggestion, but I'm not sure if it'll be the "re-revival of fishing" that you expect it to be.
How it should be

maxresdefault.jpg

Reaction score

I don’t see how this would affect your chances of being mugged seeing as skills aren’t public nor would it really affect the stuff you’d get from mugging one?

Reaction score
Simple solution to this, don't be oblivious and get mugged, Carry a gun or a melee weapon. If you are making more from fishing surely you'll be able to afford one.
In my opinion, it's pretty stupid how passive-rping can result in you getting mugged because all the fishing areas are out of sight

Reaction score

I completely support this, although this will take a significant amount of time because other more detailed updates are in the works. Fishing was what helped me get my first decent car and a rework could actually support a fishing culture. Fishing with @SamSN when it was very profitable was truly a blast.

Reaction score
as a professional fisher I can safely say Ayjay ruined fishing adding random items to the drop table

Reaction score
Tbh the fishing system right now is incredibly underdone and simplistic, there are far more complex fishing systems even on the workshop that allows for different rods, different bait, more loot, levels, progression, etc...

Would be awesome to see this get reworked into something amazing as fishing in games is one of my favorite things (even in games like FarCry)
I racked up hundreds of hours on the old GMod fishing game mode that involved working your way up to better bait.

Reaction score
In my opinion, it's pretty stupid how passive-rping can result in you getting mugged because all the fishing areas are out of sight
Oh nooo me making money with zero risk and getting mugged ahhhhh. The most you can lose is a phone and 4k at best and that is because of the atm right next to the place where you sell your fish.

Reaction score
Oh nooo me making money with zero risk and getting mugged ahhhhh. The most you can lose is a phone and 4k at best and that is because of the atm right next to the place where you sell your fish.
i think it’s more the fact of how consistent it can happen and annoying to have your own thing interrupted

Reaction score
...Yes that's what passive RP is, Idk personally, if you go out of your way to mug fishermen then you're kinda low and I don't like you