Appealing for: Ban
Appeal type: Apology
Which staff member banned you: @Fredy
How long were you banned for: permanent
Your Steam Name: BigBenji
Your In-game Name: Naz Singh
Your Steam ID:

Why were you banned/blacklisted:
Despite no ban reason being directly given in my ban descriptions, my ban was indefinitely for:
Causing problems
Disrespect
Discriminatory behaviour

Why should this appeal be considered:

I am going to explain this from the beginning. I’ll start off by saying this is in no way me remotely attempting to justify my behaviour because I see no real reason behind my awful attitude. To start off:

A user was banned from the server for his actions when met with some disrespectful behaviour. The user in question had received a longer ban than the person who mocked him OOCly. This caused issues in the community as people were upset about it. Personally I wasn’t all that affected by it, and didn’t necessarily care that the user in question was banned, which only sheds more light on why my actions were fucking ridiculous.

The staff member who banned the user became the focal point of a controversy, which I disagreed with somewhat, but I played along with the “joke”. I had not taken into consideration how out of hand this got at the time and overall looking back at it, I’m actually shocked and disappointed in my observation skills and how I couldn’t perceive that what I was doing was out of order.

This got to a point where images of a questionable nature began getting shared and more people began joining in, including myself who twice posted an image of a nature that could be perceived as controversial with the context of simply being shock-value humour. The image was of 2 african men kissing one another passionately. Other photos posted by now banned community members ranged from questionable to full blown offensive content depicting depraved activity that could incite feelings of disgust and anger, and what I did only intensified that effect.

I completely understand however that my ban was not necessarily because of that particular photo at all. More so, the context it was posted under, because many photos were being spammed, and I partook in and contributed towards the offensive spam, only adding to the wave of potentially offensive to blatantly offensive material that community members were exposed to. The photo I posted was a long time inside joke amongst members of the community, and I fully understand that to people on the outside unaware of the inside joke that image had, and seeing that not only might result in them to perceive me as some kind of overall negative person, but the fact that it was spammed might give newer or more distanced members of the community a horrible impression on the user base here. Overall I am completely understanding of the reasoning behind why I in particular was banned. The image was posted solely for shock value.

Lately, I have been trying to provide as much assistance to newer, less experienced or users who are experiencing issues with the forums and server, but none of that matters because I messed up by dicking about on the forums in a manner that perceives me second to an caged chimp hurling clumps of shit at zookeepers. From this point on, the only aspect of my previous behaviour here that will see the light of day will be my niche suggestions and assistance to users requiring it.

Let me make a bold statement here by saying I do not perceive myself as a toxic person. I do not actively go out of my way to physically inconvenience other users in every way shape or form possible, nor do I wish to harm anyone’s reputation by any means. I pride myself in both the suggestions I make that get accepted or at least get an overwhelmingly positive response, and the assistance I provide via help chat, and the forums. However, rightfully so, from this situation, I have done terribly trying to prove that and anyone who was there that evening has seen more than enough to say that I am a toxic person. But I understand that lately That the stuff I’ve been saying and posting without thinking about beforehand is all too plentiful and leaves a very sour impression to others, not just myself but the whole community.

I further extend my apologies to anyone who might have witnessed stuff said and shared in the shoutbox by myself and others during this incident and would like to once again elaborate that my actions on that evening will not be a repeat incident. Just to be clear, I am not a racist, nor a homophobe, and I completely understand your decision if you feel as though I am being dishonest when I say this, as after reassessing what I was posting that evening, It paints me in that light.

The end goal of this appeal is solely to apologise for my actions primarily, alongside me asking for a reduction in my ban time. I understand completely if the final decision is to keep me banned from the forums for the foreseeable future however.

At the time I saw this as a harmless bit of fun, which was absolutely stupid of me. I take full responsibility for my involvement in the spam wave, and from this point on, any and all communication I make in this community will be planned, assessed, and thought over, to prevent any potentially rule breaking and offensive material from making it onto the forums under my name. Not for my own sake, but for the sake of the community and my place in it.

My ban came as a direct result of my own actions, I blame no one else for “starting” it, or instigating it. No one forced me to post those images, I did it out of my own will to get a cheap laugh out of people. I acted as an individual, and as a result, I got punished individually. I was fully capable of not doing what I did, yet I still did it, and I haven’t got a clue what made me think my actions would be void of dire consequences at the time.

I strongly disagree with others saying my ban was undeserved or an overreaction because it wasn’t. I broke several forum rules in the most textbook methods of doing so possible in the time it’d take to make a sandwich and I am accepting responsibility for my terrible attitude on that particular evening, as well as any other occasions that people have noted bad behaviour from me. The content that I was posting, as well as the content I was +1ing and openly laughing at really wasn’t anything to laugh at to begin with. I am not speaking for anyone else when I say if their bans are deserved or not because that’s absolutely none of my business and I’m not willing to invest time into that, but it’s clear to me that I fucked up and acted irresponsibly, making a complete clown of myself. The fact that the administration and fredy bothered taking the time to hear me out and Loosen the ban about 30 mins after it was implemented surprised me.

A final word of advice for anyone reading this: don’t be stupid, post sensibly. Think before you post. Don’t be that guy.

Additional Comment(s):
I would like to personally thank @Fredy, @Dom_ , @Super , @flugs , @Code Monkey , And @TinySlayer for reaching out to me to give me an opportunity to appeal my community wide ban. Also, Code Monkey was able to listen to my side of the story and accept a personal apology via TS.

Status
Not open for further replies.