FPS Issues and overall Lag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Recently bought a 240hz monitor and with it, on the same day I had a .5gb Nvidia update along with a Win10 update. I'm now often crashing but hard to believe its monitor related in the slightest, I have all drivers for it installed, etc.

If it helps my disk usage is pretty much constantly on 100% usage, not really sure why and it could have been like it before but not sure.

Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
If it helps my disk usage is pretty much constantly on 100% usage
yes it does, check your Task Manager to see wtf is taking up so many resources

you can revert back to a previous Nvidia version, it might create a restore point when you update your Nvidia drivers so you can restore to a previous Windows version or download it manually
xb7fw4g.png

Also please check if you didn't accidentally plug your HDMI/DisplayPort into your motherboard with your new monitor, plug it into your GPU.

Reaction score
Restoring scares me greatly, my disk utility isn't always 100% and randomly flickers between. Il discord dm you and check that my shit is plugged in right as hw is not a strong point

Reaction score
If you are really scared about a Restore point, then backup before you do it. When I start encountering issues like this, I just throw an install disk in and tell the installation software to keep my files so I can keep everything valuable. If your computer becomes such a mess the best thing to do is start fresh and only install programs you seriously need. If you try that and you still have problems then you can start focusing on hardware failures.

Reaction score
just take a backup of all or the most important files on your computer. Then you shouldn't worry about reinstalling windows, it isn't that hard and its very userfriendly to do. You can also reinstall windows and keep your files.

Status
Not open for further replies.