ReLive Instant Replay audio de-sync/cut off issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Edit for the Google people:

29/12/2019
Hi, if you found this thread by Google then welcome to this annoying issue I had to deal with and don't mind the fanboy-ish wording at the bottom, god. I had to get this thread un-archived so I can edit it all for you as some have come onto my YouTube video for help. For the record, those are not my PC specs anymore. These are my current specs, my GPU now primarily being a 5700XT. Getting a SSD and upgrading your RAM might be a huge help if you are facing this issue.

Anyways, please update your GPU drivers to Adrenalin 2020, chipset drivers and use 1usmus Ryzen powerplan for Zen 2 aswell as for Zen (+) CPUs https://www.techpowerup.com/review/1usmus-custom-power-plan-for-ryzen-3000-zen-2-processors/ (Universal for Zen (+)) Even if you don't have a Ryzen CPU, the Universal Power Plan will benefit you (Intel users).

Avoid lengthy instant replay clips, I have mine set to 1 minute and 30 seconds, the buffer is on my hard disk and not memory. I believe it helps by having your OS on your SSD and instant replay clips saved on your hard drive for bulk. Use AVC, HEVC was always buggy for me during playback.

Please copy my settings if you wish.
fatR42P.png

dg0GIDM.png

You can add me on Discord Creepis#6767 if you cannot be bothered to create a forum account. I'm open for any more help. Or Steam.

Thank you.

Frst off if you're here to recommend me a Nvidia pls or make jokes about this then pls fk off, if I desperately need an upgrade I'll get a 1070 and sell this RX 580 next time I get a GPU, thanks

My chances of probably finding someone with the same issue even on the Shadowplay side might be slim but I'm trying my chances, I found no proper solution and it's really infuriating even with extensive research, troubleshooting and Googling (Google'ing?).
Now that that is out of the way so I'll describe my issue. ReLive Instant Replay is the Shadowplay equivelant for AMD, it captures your moments for whatever time you have set it to. Here are my options for the recording tab.
aBqCtiD.png

My PC does not suffer from any frame drops and I can leave this running in the background just fine but some videos where the GPU might get used 100% all the time the audio gets de-sync for 3 seconds (or more) or there is just no audio track at all for the last minute or the audio gets de-sync, the video is all that remains. This is pretty annoying and found no real way of fixing it. Some suggested to set audio format of the speakers/sound card to 16/24 bit 48Khz but still no luck. Some have said that it's also all cached in the HDD but I doubt that getting a SSD will fix it and it will fill up pretty fast with the instant replay size.

Some games like Garry's Mod don't use 100% all the time (just 13% and up to 40% and that's it, CPU does all the work) and the footage ends up fine but not this time, it suffered the same issue when I had around 20FPS in a shootout and saved a clip with audio being de-sync and all audio being cut off for the last minute.

Here is an example clip (check the chat at the end for a bonus BabyRage). The audio being de-sync might not be a big issue as I can relocate it in Sony Vegas but it being cut off makes it worse.

I have also resorted to using PlaysTV but that shit is also pretty unreliable.
My system specs and other info if you need them
xz9yGKc.png

gnmXNH2.png

If anyone has any other suggestions other than to sell my card to some miners on Ebay that'd be appreciated. I may use OBS replay buffer instead too but haven't tried it yet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Try allocating more CPU usage to the program in the background, could be a bottleneck or it's just not using enough.

How to:

c0348e2f926ae64e85981190e5150c4b.gif

This will pop up:

7480e3736dd40c8c1953710d5a29446a.png

Click "Change Priority".

I had an issue in Siege where CUE wasn't getting enough CPU usage so my mouse movements and clicks were delayed, I upped priority and it worked. Reminded me of your situation, hope it helps.

Deleted member 5193

I've had much the same issue with Nvidia Shadowplay, I can't talk from experience with AMD shit but the way I fixed mine was simply installing the newest graphics driver and turning instant replay off then on again. Was a pretty simple fix for mine, hopefully yours won't be too difficult.

Reaction score
Try allocating more CPU usage to the program in the background, could be a bottleneck or it's just not using enough.

How to:

c0348e2f926ae64e85981190e5150c4b.gif

This will pop up:

7480e3736dd40c8c1953710d5a29446a.png

Click "Change Priority".

I had an issue in Siege where CUE wasn't getting enough CPU usage so my mouse movements and clicks were delayed, I upped priority and it worked. Reminded me of your situation, hope it helps.
I already did this yesterday as @arron/faith bazinga instant messaged me as soon as I made this thread and I believe it helped. amddvr.exe or whatever it's called was on below normal priority and is on high again, saved a clip in Battlefield 4 and it had no problem though I will try having bit longer sessions as that's where it seems to screw up.

Status
Not open for further replies.