Freeze

Reaction score
Hi,

Whenever I join the server or play for a while, my game freezes for a couple of seconds the first time I enter a Slums/Projex/Regals staircase. This freeze happens before the second, third, and fourth apartment. I've noticed that this freeze also occurs in my demos. After it does this once, it does not occur again entering the apartment, I have no idea why this is happening, and I didn't install anything before that could have changed my game

i had this issue, and it was due to there being stuff left over from old/deleted addons in my garrysmod folder. you can clear them out or if ur lazy like me just do a fresh install of garrys mod by deleting the whole garrys mod folder

i had this issue, and it was due to there being stuff left over from old/deleted addons in my garrysmod folder. you can clear them out or if ur lazy like me just do a fresh install of garrys mod by deleting the whole garrys mod folder

Was this your issue? I NEVER installed any addons, have nothing in my garrysmod folder

If I remember this correctly, every time you walk infront of a door in slums, the map loads in the slums apartment with the props. Whenever the door is closed, it doesn't load it unless you are where you were in the clip.
It's something to do with V5 cause I messed around with load spots and wallbang spots in sandbox.
Otherwise, idk sindarin messed it up

this was my issue, however yours looks more severe mine was just like a singular spike that lasted a second or two whenever i entered some places. have u monitored ur cpu usage/temps while this happens?
No never tried, I'll see about doing a fresh install, mainly wanted to know if this was only occurring to me, will probably have to let it cache whenever I join I guess

This thread can be archived, thank you for your fast replies everybody

Hi,

Whenever I join the server or play for a while, my game freezes for a couple of seconds the first time I enter a Slums/Projex/Regals staircase. This freeze happens before the second, third, and fourth apartment. I've noticed that this freeze also occurs in my demos. After it does this once, it does not occur again entering the apartment, I have no idea why this is happening, and I didn't install anything before that could have changed my game
Is this the only spot this is happening? Can this be replicated 100% of the time?

Is your Garry's Mod on an SSD? If not, then put it on an SSD. If it is, your SSD is too busy with other stuff in the background or cannot keep up. You can check this in Task Manager.

Sounds like your game is struggling with areaportals when they’re being opened, does this happen anywhere else? Reinstalling gmod onto a SSD is something you can try do, even if it’s already on there just give it a reinstall to fuck around and find out.

Also put -high in your command line launch options, might help a lil bit also may give you a couple extra frames as it runs the game in high priority.

Back