Fucked

Reaction score
hello I accidentally spilled some water on my keyboard a few nights ago, now it was fine but tonight it had a full scale spaz and went mental. I have no clue how to fix so help would be appreciated

I have a Corsair k70 lux

Reaction score
Open it up and cover the PCB with the good old rice trick and clean some spots with 99,9% alcohol, let it stay for some days. The dryness could cause corrosion but atleast you'll have a working keyboard again (hopefully) if nothing shorted and fucked everything. Just one of those cases where you wish you had a Ultrasonic cleaner handy.

Reaction score
Open it up and cover the PCB with the good old rice trick and clean some spots with 99,9% alcohol, let it stay for some days. The dryness could cause corrosion but atleast you'll have a working keyboard again (hopefully) if nothing shorted and fucked everything. Just one of those cases where you wish you had a Ultrasonic cleaner handy.
not got rice or none of that but I opened it up and dried it with a hair dryer and it's definitely helped however not `00% yet. Will try again tomorrow or somit.

Deleted member 6228

@Taylor As I recall taylor is an expert with this
using a hair dryer to dry his out

Reaction score
yeah, it worked but sometimes it will melt ur keys so only do it for like 30 seconds and then just yeet ur keyboard with a towel
put ice on the keys to cancel out the heat so they only dry and won't melt.

actually pry off all of your keys, then dry it out thoroughly with whatever you have and hang it upside down overnight in a non-humid room.

Reaction score
The k 70 should actually do a decent job of surviving spills, so you kinda fucked up. Just open it, clean it and let it dry FOR A LONG TIME (water under the microchips)