Garry's mod. Multicore improvements in the next update?

Reaction score
By following the facepunch garry's mod development thread I have read that one of the current developers, Willox, has been working on improving multicore support and performance. The changes are currently live on the dev branch of the game and players are free to test it out. According a member of the facepunch forum the reworked "mat_queue_mode 2" doubles your FPS. (Take this with a grain of salt.) While "mat_queue_mode 1" gives you an extra 10 FPS.

Yes, these commands are already in the live branch, but Willox explains that the major issues with it should now be fixed and he is asking the community to see if we can find other issues with it (on the dev branch). Now I would not expect an insane performance boost in PERP, but hopefully this can help us a little. And hopefully without issues such as missing textures and crashes.

So for a better Garry's mod. Please test it and report bugs on facepunch. Thanks!

db3236ff3b.png

Source

Reaction score
I've tried this command out: mat_queue_mode 2, and unfortunately it didn't change my FPS.

Reaction score
Time to test it!
Update:
fef758c9bc.jpg

Tested this out. Quite good actually, improves my frames by about 20 and there's only been one major problem I've found with it. That problems is that everyone's clothes turn white and starts flickering (bugging out)
ngh393I.jpg

S7CR0Hz.jpg

jmrYzqy.jpg

Other than that I haven't really noticed anything different other then what already stated. This is great for people who wish to boost their FPS a little bit, but again you'll have those problems with the clothes. The way to remove this white clothing thing is to put mat_queue_mode 1 in console, but this will remove most of your fps boost that you had. I personally will not have the mat_queue_mode -1 on but you can do it if you want to.

Reaction score
I knew about gmod_mcore_test 1 for quite some time but never used it because how unstable it might be and just shows flickering clothes and cars look a bit messed up. However, the FPS gain is really nice, one can hope for a finished multicore support command.

Reaction score
Just tried it. Don't know what you mean about the clothes flickering. I don't see any problem with it. However i don't see it helping the FPS much, for me it just fixed the slight mousedelay i had, so now it's way smoother when looking around.

Reaction score
I've just tested this and have had the following results.

f9f356a886.png
On mat_queue_mode 0
93cecca025.png
On mat_queue_mode 2

Players look fine on mat_queue_mode 2 for me
1b66aad0dc.jpg

FPS recorded in a dark snowy environment near the PD.