Police Suggestion Gas masks

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Gas masks
Suggestion Description: Allow for the firefighter NPC to give TFOs or sergeants+ gas masks, which can be used to raid meth labs to prevent the fumes of the meth to kill officers, when gas mask is equipped the player will have a bit more limited vision.

Why should this be added?:
- added less risk while raiding meth labs

What negatives could this have?:
- harder to produce meth (which I see as an upside seeing as you can make 50k an hour)

What problem would this suggestion solve?: None

Useful images:

Reaction score
see good use in this, great suggestion cuz i hate dying to this
just gonna suggest, make this a thing for all officers and store it in their trunks of the cruisers, so the equipment isnt walked around with on patrol. 1+

Reaction score
I would like to add a twist of my own onto this idea in that just like how Cops can be ziptied then "robbed" of their equipment for a criminal gain in specific scenarios. This can be a good lead up to Firefighters having a mechanic where crims can rob them for a gas mask to help them wipe away the traces of their botched meth lab when it goes wrong.

Reaction score
I would like to add a twist of my own onto this idea in that just like how Cops can be ziptied then "robbed" of their equipment for a criminal gain in specific scenarios. This can be a good lead up to Firefighters having a mechanic where crims can rob them for a gas mask to help them wipe away the traces of their botched meth lab when it goes wrong.
wouldnt want firefighters to be robbed mate, they're goverment employees for a reason

Reaction score
wouldnt want firefighters to be robbed mate, they're goverment employees for a reason
what is that logic?

cops can have their equipment robbed when they're in zipties already, Medics and fire fighters can be forced to revive / get held up for hostage; unlocking; etc

all their personal items would be safe, just like cops when they get ziptied.

Reaction score
what is that logic?

cops can have their equipment robbed when they're in zipties already, Medics and fire fighters can be forced to revive / get held up for hostage; unlocking; etc

all their personal items would be safe, just like cops when they get ziptied.
literally just let people buy gas masks somewhere or craft it, no need to quote on quote "rob a firefighter for only their gasmask", i dont see any purpose in holding up a firefighter for a gasmask bro. in real life you can literally buy one if you want to

Reaction score
Meth lab explosions are not a common occurrence, I don't think this warrants a whole gas mask mechanic to be developed, it's more of a hindrance than a benefit

I also don't understand why making meth would be more difficult as mentioned in the original post

Reaction score
what is that logic?
You don't actively look for police officers to rob for their equipment. Having to rob firefighters for their gas masks would just lead to extremely shitty situations for a job that already has very very poor gameplay engagement.

This is especially true if the gas masks are single use. And if they weren't single use then what would be the point of wasting time creating the mechanic if everyone only needs 1?

Reaction score
You don't actively look for police officers to rob for their equipment. Having to rob firefighters for their gas masks would just lead to extremely shitty situations for a job that already has very very poor gameplay engagement.

This is especially true if the gas masks are single use. And if they weren't single use then what would be the point of wasting time creating the mechanic if everyone only needs 1?
following your logic, the robbing mechanic would only add engagement... Furthermore, yes the implication was them being single use (you can't store them, if you die or get arrested they are confiscated) because Masks in general was a denied suggestion over and over so asking for them at all is a stretch.

The whole point is their scarcity, normally if a meth lab goes kabloom all your shit is done for and you still have to fight PD to cover up whatever left over planters aren't burned or hope you don't sign a deathwish when you go up to your dead friends' guns to try to extinguish the fire.

Reaction score
following your logic, the robbing mechanic would only add engagement.
* Would only add even more poor gameplay engagement.

It is not like Firefighters have nothing to do. It is just that what they can do gameplay wise is extremely lackluster and boring, it takes creativity to come up with stuff to do unless one is content watching TV all day. Making gas masks a one time use and able to be gotten from firefighters basically makes them into gas mask dispensers.

People would just start fires to get Firefighters to respond to rob them, this would leave nothing but a bad experience for everyone involved. If gas masks are added they should be acquired by decrementing other players experience.

EDIT: Higher rank Firefighters should be immune to the gas, this would add a little more use for them.

Reaction score
I feel like the Police department would realistically carry hazard gear, going to the fire department for this would be daft.