Police Suggestion General Operations: Secret Service Division

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

Reaction score
https://plpd.online/forum/thread/general-operations-secret-service-division.5
@Daigestive

Brief description of idea: Create a division in General Operations for Secret Service

What benefits would this idea have for the department:

-SS can receive training

- Policies can be made for when SS are meant to stay anonymous, compromise anonymity and use their firearms.

-More interest in becoming SS when there is a mayor.

What potential negatives could this have for the department:

-None at all.

Other additions:

Sam

Reaction score
@Daigestive I literally moved all good suggestions to the forums, this is not me suggesting changes...

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
Forum doesnt make a big difference. Someone to actually accept, deny or give criticism would.

Reaction score
Leave the PD out of it IMO, I don't want to receive training or have to follow policies when I'm not even on duty or risk getting my PD rank/status affected when I do something wrong, they should be a independent unit but still be working in cooperation with the PD just like they are now. Also wouldn't like it when I need to have a minimum rank requirement to be able to apply in the first place.
-More interest in becoming SS when there is a mayor.
The only interest I have in becoming SS is to get in shootouts when the Mayor is a absolute wreck but still trying his best to maintain interest and some funds, all this work wouldn't motivate me to sign up in the first place just to protect someone. We always have staff and action requests to deal with terrible SS. That's my take on it.

Deleted member 1235

Truly stupid rule. I'm with @Creepis on this one. I'm not a whitelisted police officer so why should I listen to PLPD professional standards.

Ill follow the server rules and law thanks, not from some tinpot wannabe

Reaction score
@Daigestive doesnt make this law any less silly, servers already a huge fkn sweatfest where u have to worry about every single one of ur actions and SS was one of the few ways to avoid that and just relax but now it's just the same as everything else

if we're going to give SS policies, they should be entirely separate from officer policies even if they overlap on occasion

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
Just a funny fact for you, we currently have 23 Trainers in the PD not including commamd positions. Considering the server hit 30 players the last 2 days that's around 75% of the playerbase. The whole point of this suggestion was not to restrict SS. I can't think of a policy that could be added that would change how people play as SS. SS currently have 0 resources. Your job is to protect the mayor when his life at risk. Theres currently no interest in the role rather than free shootouts. So, someone can easily take a suggestion like this and make it their own. Plan training sessions, write documents to outline when a SS can compromise their anonymity, what use of force they should use for different attacks on the mayor. This does not add more restriction as currently shit like this is enforced by laws and PD policies that could be hard to enterperate for different situations.

Deleted member 1235

Most people go SS when their friend is Mayor and yeah it's free shootouts too, which is the whole fun of going SS.

It's laid back for a reason.

if it's not broke don't fix it

Reaction score
Denied
Police Policy, Law and the Rules already cover the role of a Secret Service agent and we are not going to whitelist Secret Service.

Status
Not open for further replies.