Server Suggestion Require Secret Service be registered on plpd.online

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Require Secret Service be registered on plpd.online
Suggestion Description: To go on-duty, Secret Service agents must be registered as at least Officer rank on plpd.online, and have at least 2 hours on-duty as an Officer. This fully embraces the accountability changes towards police-registered Secret Service agents.

Why should this be added?:
+ Reduces use of the whitelist for a free gun, to minge, and general tomfoolery which no other job permits (handcuffs, baton, emergency vehicle, etc.)
+ Allows all Secret Service agents to be held accountable on plpd.online.
+ Ensures all Secret Service agents are at least knowledgeable on the use of equipment and the laws, policies, and procedures that they are supposed to be aware of as peace officers.

What negatives could this have?:
- None. If this suggestion is too extreme, I would advise that the whole 'SS has PLPD accountability' idea is dropped entirely to allow for more player freedom in the job.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Can always make being an Officer not a requirement, but you must have a PLPD account. But if you receive disciplinary action, will affect the Police side even if you make an Officer app later.

A big part of this suggestion would mean that SS would then have at least a baseline knowledge of the laws, policies, and procedures that they are subject to as law enforcement. As secret service agents can use law enforcement powers under section 3.11, I don't see why they shouldn't be law enforcement first.

Reaction score
Bump: There have been 21 Secret Service blacklists issued since this suggestion has been posted, mostly for completely avoidable circumstances such as low-effort RDM.

Potential idea, combine the officer and SS whitelist? That way they learn about being an officer and get SS as well, somewhat makes sense that SS would only recruit trained officers
This is what I am suggesting, perhaps having an extra automated application option for Secret Service after becoming an Officer which stands in for the in-game SS application would also work.

I've amended the suggestion a bit to suggest that there should be a minimum playtime as well to prevent people from just insta-hopping onto Secret Service via plpd.online, despite the intended effect being that all SS are held accountable.

Reaction score
Bump: There have been 21 Secret Service blacklists issued since this suggestion has been posted, mostly for completely avoidable circumstances such as low-effort RDM.

There have been considerably more police blacklists, so it is disingenuous to say that this would prevent issues.