Get Feedback From New Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/stop-...gestions-get-feedback-from-new-players.40359/

Main Idea: To gain feedback from new players

Full description of the idea: A questionnaire formulated by the staff team that should automatically pop up when a player reaches 10 hours of playtime, giving them a chance to answer in reward of some in-game $ or a week of VIP which @BigBenji suggested.

The data gathered should be shared with the entire community.

Why should it be added?: The gathered data from the questionnaire should be used to improve new players' experience - giving us an understanding of why we are struggling to get new players to stay and what steps to take in order to make more new players stay in the future.

This could be a huge help to the developer team getting an understanding of what features that new players like, what features new players find missing and what features that they don’t like or find too complex.

The data should be shared with the community so the whole community can be informed and in a collective way make suggestions with better-grounded arguments and fewer nonsense speculations. For example, instead of speculating whether the drug system is too complex for new players to understand, why don’t we just ask and adjust it if so?

Pros:
  • Many more suggestions with a basis for arguments of how it would benefit new players
  • It could be very helpful for the developer team, giving them a better understanding so they can better prioritize
  • Less ludicrous speculations
  • Not much development needed - many of the features are already on the server.

Cons:
  • Questionnaires results can be flawed and biased

Reaction score
This is great and I don’t know why it haven’t yet been implemented or put forward. At this point now people’s words and thoughts need to be taken in when it comes to topics in regards to the server. This will help staff find out and developers find out what needs to be worked on and what doesn’t from the new players perspective.

I fully agree with this, they should be rewarded with that bonus for answering the questionnaire.

Reaction score
+Support.

Also, one of the questions should ask "How did you find the Perpheads Server" so SA+ can get a good understanding of where the advertising is coming from, and either put more into it or get it more evenly spread.

Sam

Reaction score
Accepted-ish

I am currently working on something that will help new players when they first join. I am going to try to include some kind of feedback option. A lot of people in this community seems to think they know what new players want, but from spending the past few weeks talking to every new player I've seen, I know that they actually have really good feedback to give.

Such as they like our drug system! The two main issues that the new players I spoke to brought up was
  • Hard to get started as PH differs so much from the few standing perp servers
  • Toxicity in the community

Status
Not open for further replies.