Give first time players additional equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea:
Give new players additional equipment upon first joining the server on top of the 25,000 that is already received upon first joining the server.

Why should this be added? (pros):
Currently, as it stands, when you first join you are completely overwhelmed by information and any new player is going to be lost on what they need to do next. As PERP generally speaking as a game mode isn't exactly welcoming to new players, and there is a learning curve behind it. The lack of information is something that can easily be solved, and the targetting of new players could also be solved with another suggestion that I have made (https://perpheads.com/threads/new-player-immunity.41317/). I think by giving new players (or additional players with less than 24 hours of playtime) added equipment in storage to get themselves started would be extremely beneficial to the player, and their overall experience. Also maybe include a tutorial of sorts upon first joining the server to get the lack of information issue solved too?
What negatives could this have? (cons):

I really don't see any downside to implementing this, if people really wanted to join on spare accounts just to get spare equipment staff could easily figure out what they are doing and punish them accordingly.
*Other additions:

Maybe give new players a planter box, a water tank, some form of a firearm (Revolver, and a shotgun maybe?) a box of each type of ammo, and 12 seeds of marijuana, it's really not OP when you look at the wealth of the rest of the server. And if this was combined with the "new player protection" idea that I suggested a month-ish ago I think it would really allow new players to get a feel for the server, and get established to have an enjoyable experience.

Sorry if anything didn't make sense I am not high

Reaction score
New players already receive some sort of equipment including basic planters.
A tutorial is already in the works afaik.

Reaction score
Basic planters aren’t really ideal, as newer players Arent familiar with the crafting system they won’t have the knowledge on how to craft a planter box

Reaction score
I don’t think a large percentage of new players would be inclined to RDM. I’m sure there would be some. But with new players being an almost rare sight now a days it’s not like many people will be benefiting from receiving tbis. Also if you gave a new player a double barrel and Python really isn’t much damage that can be done RDM wise. Although I do see where you’re coming from.

Reaction score
I think it's a nice idea, but they're about as supplied up as they fairly can be. We don't wanna be like a DarkRP server where you start off with too much money or items.

Reaction score
@flugs increasing the starting equipment to the stuff I suggested would only be like 20k which isn’t bad by any means on top of the 25k you already get this allows for the player to better experience the server. And in scale with the rest of the server it’s really just pebbles being given out.

Reaction score
@Bert It’s a good idea if it’s done in moderation and powerful guns aren’t just given out. Maybe 2 loaded PPK’s + 2 mags and 2 boxes or something. Then the 25k can go fully to a good start

Sam

Reaction score
New players already get a lot of items.

Changes to the "first join" is currently being done by myself. Items they get might change.

Status
Not open for further replies.