Getting rid of rule 3.4 Putting your life in danger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marquees \

Communication Banned
Reaction score
Description of the idea: making rule 3.4 more reasonable. Mabey add a rule saying don't shoot people for dumb reasons. or putting your life in danger for stupid reasons. make 3.4 better

Why should this be added? (pros): it should be edited because people get banned because of a stupid rule. and it could save admins time and

What negatives could this have? (cons): noting bad about it

*Other additions: 3.4 rule is kinda dull

Last edited:
Reaction score
If they remove the rule what point of serious role play is it then? then they should remove all the rules? if you dont have 3.4 you will just have people who shot for every minor accident and it will become more like darkrp i guess

Reaction score
When I urged you to make a suggestion to change the rule in OOC, I thought you'd suggest a way to change it, not remove it. The rule will not be removed completely. Please modify this suggestion to something more feasible, otherwise it'll be closed.

Marquees \

Communication Banned
Reaction score
If they remove the rule what point of serious role play is it then? then they should remove all the rules? if you dont have 3.4 you will just have people who shot for every minor accident and it will become more like darkrp i guess
your wrong. it could help if they add a rule saying don't shot people for stupid reasons

Reaction score
You have made no actual points as to why this rule should be removed, besides why would you get rid of a rule that is fairly easy to follow? Removing it just so people don't get banned for putting their life at risk is an incredibly dumb argument.

Reaction score
The problem what i got is, people always ignore gun point when u a officer, i dont even want to report all of them even if i died of it.
When you a officer and getting gunpointed out of the car you always get shot and die.It should be changed by first shot at the person inside the car then tell him get out.no point of 3.4 beeing a officer what is the chance of surviving?

Reaction score
This suggestion is just "remove 3.4 so i don't get banned for breaking it anymore"

Overall terrible suggestion that doesn't actually provide any real reasoning for changing the rule, or a decent alternative to it. Hell, even your suggested changes are to make new rules that cover the exact same things as covered in rule 3.4

Sam

Reaction score
Description of the idea: making rule 3.4 more reasonable. Mabey add a rule saying don't shoot people for dumb reasons. or putting your life in danger for stupid reasons. make 3.4 better

Why should this be added? (pros): it should be edited because people get banned because of a stupid rule

*Other additions: 3.4 rule is kinda dull

Some reading music,

It would seem like you don't understand rule 3.4, which is not surprising as many people in this community have failed to understand it. 3.4 is about not putting your life or freedom in unnecessary danger.

The rule text is very reasonable, and it even gives you examples. 3.4 is basically a common-sense rule, and anyone who breaks it and gets punished either doesn't understand basic English or has no intention to roleplay in a serious manner.

There are some very simple questions you can ask yourself before doing anything on the server,
- Is the reward very small in comparison with the possible punishment?
- Are there police officers or government officials nearby?
- Is there a high chance of me dying?
- Is there a high chance of me getting arrested?
If the answer for any of them is yes, then don't do it.

3.4 is never being removed, it's one of the core rules of the server. And replacing it with some DarkRP style rule will just result in confusion

Reaction score
Mabey add a rule saying don't shoot people for dumb reasons
Literally the definition of 2.5.
There is no need to remove 3.4 in any way, I don't see any edits even being needed. If you can show what you think needs editing instead of "Just edit the rule" then I will be able to see this clearly.

Reaction score
Some reading music,

It would seem like you don't understand rule 3.4, which is not surprising as many people in this community have failed to understand it. 3.4 is about not putting your life or freedom in unnecessary danger.

The rule text is very reasonable, and it even gives you examples. 3.4 is basically a common-sense rule, and anyone who breaks it and gets punished either doesn't understand basic English or has no intention to roleplay in a serious manner.

There are some very simple questions you can ask yourself before doing anything on the server,

3.4 is never being removed, it's one of the core rules of the server. And replacing it with some DarkRP style rule will just result in confusion
No reason why the rule should be changed tbh. Instead of changing it, people should learn it rather then break it :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mim

Reaction score
Why should this be added? (pros): it should be edited because people get banned because of a stupid rule. and it could save admins time and

Im sorry but why is this a pro, to be quite frank we volunteer our time to stop people breaking this rule because its the backbone of most interactions on this server. Removing it because people get banned for it is just silly. The argument that it saves our time can go for every rule, hell why dont we remove the rules then we wont need staff....

Like Samuel said, 3.4 is the backbone and one of the most key rules for the server, its a very simple rule to understand if you put the effort into understanding and Samuels post explains it very well.

If there was a big problem with 3.4 it would have been removed years ago but unfortunately I dont see it going anytime soon

Ah yes, '3.4 is dull' its not dull, just understand it, it makes situations better and less esports. If you want a literal team deathmatch server remove 3.4
There is of course bad things about editing or removing 3.4, it is fine like it is, never once have I sat and thought, oh maybe 3.4 isnt good because it stops me from ruining a situation for other people.

Im sorry if this seems like a dig but to be honest you havent really thought about this suggestion merely asking for it to be changed or remove to suit a minority of players who dont like it or cant follow it.

TLDR: Dont remove 3.4, its fine as it is, nor does it need editing

Reaction score

If anything this rule is one of the driving forces behind making it so everyone playing PERP within the rules are somewhat roleplaying in one way, shape or form.

Reaction score
3.4 needs clarified as its vague and quite frankly unfair as staff seem to have different views on it. Not removed

//Didn't read everyones comments because lazyness. Apologies if I've repeated anyones point

Reaction score
3.4 needs clarified as its vague and quite frankly unfair as staff seem to have different views on it. Not removed

//Didn't read everyones comments because lazyness. Apologies if I've repeated anyones point
You should probably read everyone's comments, including @Samuel's post, he highlighted some VERY important parts about 3.4, and even dumbed it down. If you still can't understand 3.4 then there's not much more we can do to help.

Reaction score

There's only so much you can write in the Rules without making it look like some strict ass server giving examples for almost every given situation.

As it stands, you should act in this server as you would IRL even in a crazed city where every nan is growing drugs and has some sort of firearm. Value your life above all else and avoid death, if there is no other choice and see a chance in taking a risk to end up saving yourself (and for god sake not some valuables) you can easily justify your actions.

Reaction score

Yup i agree, 3.4 needs to be better clarified. apparently if u kill a medic and the cops shoot at you its considered 3.4 cause if u didnt kill the medic they wouldn't have shot, if thats the case why not give everyone a warning for raiding though, cause they try to break in and risk getting shot

Reaction score
Although it can be a confusing rule at times, you can quite simply just remember the rule of thumb; Don't do anything for no reason that can result in you being killed/arrested/mugged/raided etc. etc.

Then again, it doesn't really say that in the rule so I completely understand your dislike towards this rule.

Reaction score
You should probably read everyone's comments, including @Samuel's post, he highlighted some VERY important parts about 3.4, and even dumbed it down. If you still can't understand 3.4 then there's not much more we can do to help.
I think everyone understands 3.4 but I'll give you an example of what you see varying with this rule. 1 staff member says you can raid pd if the person is serving 5 years or more, another staff member says 8 years or more, and this is consistant throughout the 3.4 rule, every staff member seems to have a different take on the rule.

Reaction score
Some reading music,

3.4 is never being removed, it's one of the core rules of the server. And replacing it with some DarkRP style rule will just result in confusionat
Then why doing bank robbery with 3 people while there are 3-4 cop slots is allowed ? you will get 3-7k avarage and you will be warranted until you die or get arrested. reward is too small for that big of a risk. i think 3.4 should be clerified and all 3.4 actions should be treated in the same base of "self protection" concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.