Police Suggestion Giving officers one kevlar vest in the trunk of their car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea: Allowing officers to have one kevlar vest in the trunk of their police cruiser. This would only give them moderately armoured (maybe even lightly?) This would mean you wouldn't have to drive all the way to PD just to get a resupply of armour during a shootout. The SWAT Van would also work for TFO's but give them Moderately instead of Completly. The way this would be re-supplied would be to get a new car or have the armoury person give it to you. They would only allow one at any given time to each officer so they can't stack them all in their cars to have an infinite supply of armour.

What benefits would this idea have for the department: Easier access, having more officers stay on scene rather than driving to PD to resupply.

What potential negatives could this have for the department: Not many I Can think of other than officers being able to have armour when it runs out. But that is why it'd only carry 1.

Other additions:
Model?

Reaction score
Brief description of idea: Allowing officers to have one kevlar vest in the trunk of their police cruiser. This would only give them moderately armoured (maybe even lightly?) This would mean you wouldn't have to drive all the way to PD just to get a resupply of armour during a shootout. The SWAT Van would also work for TFO's but give them Moderately instead of Completly. The way this would be re-supplied would be to get a new car or have the armoury person give it to you. They would only allow one at any given time to each officer so they can't stack them all in their cars to have an infinite supply of armour.

What benefits would this idea have for the department: Easier access, having more officers stay on scene rather than driving to PD to resupply.

What potential negatives could this have for the department: Not many I Can think of other than officers being able to have armour when it runs out. But that is why it'd only carry 1.

Other additions:
Model?
Let's just put HL2 suit chargers all over the map while we're at it.
We don't need this, not even for TFU. I can see where you're coming from but for balancing reasons we can't just have cops running around with a fuck load of armour, if you really need to rearm just quickly go back to PD. It's not like most cops are good enough to survive anyway.

Reaction score
It's just a singular armour vest. you can't stack em and they'd possibly only give you lightly armoured

Reaction score
Initially I thought this would be a suggestion to take off the armoured vest whenever you want, which would give Anna Mays Tits some air tbh, but as I read the suggestion, I've come to disagree with it.

Easier access, having more officers stay on scene rather than driving to PD to resupply.
Having your armour depleted is no reason to flee a shootout in my opinion, and adding a workaround for this wouldn't be needed, because again, only a handful of officers would even use this as no one really cares if they lose armour in a shootout, all that matters is they're still alive and need to curb the threat at hand. Especially with Evo city where certain points of the map are far from the PD with no Paralake style highway for ease of map travel.

Reaction score
I can see where you're coming from, but I'm afraid it would be too unrealistic or just to OP in general, so what if we made the body armour stronger in general?

Status
Not open for further replies.