GMOD Broke after manually installing content packs

Reaction score
So, idk if it is the content packs fault, but for the past 2 days I've been trying to get into you server, I did once, but no models or anything showed up, just errors, so I installed your content pack manually, tried to join again, but this time crashed on sending client info, I tried EVERYTHING, looked at some threads saying to reinstall.

I reinstalled my game, nothing, so I thought I'd delete the actual folder, then reinstall, nothing, then I deleted it again, but now it doesn't install, AT ALL. When my GMOD gets to about 15-16%, my computer BSOD(Blue Screens Of Death) Please.. help me, it's starting to get really annoying, all I want to do is just play on your server. But now not even my GMOD will install at all.

Reaction score
Yes I do, I have bought it from Steam, and it's all installed, and before it would show ticked in GMOD. But note it does not install now, so.. idk

Reaction score
Okay, I was trying to reinstall steam and I think I found the problem, there is a corrupt, non deletable downloading thing for garrys mod, so I installed Steam into a new folder, will try to download it in this one!

EDIT: It is now downloading, it just finished downloading, now going to install CS:S and try join the server

Last edited:
Reaction score
Can someone please help me, it's just crashing with no error now on sending client info, it works on my crap laptop, but not on my good pc, the only one that can run the map we have now with all the perp stuff, please help I just want to play :(

EDIT: Now I'm in and playing, this game obviously hates me and just wants me to die, I can't go near the suburbs area, it starts lag spiking, then freezes, and crashes... Starting to really annoy me this stupid piece of crap game

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes, it runs fine on my laptop which is worst than my PC that won't run it, if I do get in after ages of fiddling around, I can't goto suburbs, my laptop uses more RAM than my PC, as in I have more usable ram on this PC.. idk

Reaction score
Well reinstalled it, now I got Engine Error whilst joining on slurp.wav "Engine Error" "failed to lock vertex buffer in CMeshDX8::LockVertexBuffer: nVertextCount=2164, nFirstVertex=0" I got a couple things I will try.. for example a higher dxlevel, like 100, then I will turn off downloads whilst joining servers

Reaction score
Well reinstalled it, now I got Engine Error whilst joining on slurp.wav "Engine Error" "failed to lock vertex buffer in CMeshDX8::LockVertexBuffer: nVertextCount=2164, nFirstVertex=0" I got a couple things I will try.. for example a higher dxlevel, like 100, then I will turn off downloads whilst joining servers
Iv had this once, all i did is get a better computer. Iv tried every method to get rid of it, and no methods work. Sorry to say.