Gun white list for police force

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Short explanation (in notes):
-New officers must apply on the forums for a gun, all other officers will get everything, but a gun.
-the forum applications will have to be made before the feature is added
-This stops the police newbies murdering

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
If a new officer, not very competent with the rules, is given a gun, we all know this sometimes can lead to a small bit of random murder or shooting when gun-pointed, or shooting when it would be dangerous to citizens. This may partially solve not having to white-list the whole force, and if we gave it a large space between first apps' and implementation, the new users wont be too flabbergasted. I believe in this, yet I know it still is a big leap.

Optional additions:
-I would like to see who supports and negates this

Reaction score
Im sorry but picture a raid and then picture a raid with no SWAT and police with no guns I don't think this would be a good idea at all. How are police supposed to defend the city when they cant defend their own life in a gunfight?

Reaction score
I honestly think it would be impossible to decide if a player can manage a weapon or not. i mean what question are you suppose to answer? there are exams already (asking what would you do if...) and they do what they can. -support

Reaction score
Awful idea. If guns were a little more hard to obtain then i'd consider it but this is a terrible idea that will only lend itself to more officer deaths.

Reaction score
If I am honest, i put this forth as an open idea to expansions, such as making it harder to obtain guns.

Ayjay

Reaction score
The thing is, you can buy a gun as soon as you join the server; it's so easy to obtain a gun at the moment and gunfights happen every single day - 9/10 times you use a gun as a police officer and you need this power as a police officer to give you power over other people. For example, if someone has a firearm on their back and you want them to take it off their back.. what's to stop them just walking away? If officers are not capable of using a firearm then they will be demoted either in character or out of character, this will not work.

For your second suggestion, making it harder to get guns - I do agree with to a certain extent but how would this work? Making the crafting times slower? Making the ability to craft at a low level gone? This would discomfort many people and they would not like it at all, the point of PERP is to be a thug.. not to be a thug at a certain level.

Reaction score
Everyone, I now believe I've made a wrong desicion, I didn't particularlly take the newest users into concideration. I do however believe that there could be some ways, yet I cant think of any way to really have more rp to gain weapons other than ranks in the force

Reaction score
It would be a better idea, if it was changed, so that if you made an application (i.e. supervisor), you were able to get a weapon slightly better than others (i.e. M1911A1, Remington 870, etc), which real life police have been seen wearing, even if it isn't standard equipment. I am aware that this will make the police much stronger (An OP in some people's cases), however, against criminals equipped with AK-47s and no SWAT available, they'd die without better weaponry. (Just taking Moron as an example. He managed to keep an over 1 hour chase with the police, killing every officer multiple times using an assault rifle and sniper rifle)

Reaction score
I do think it would be a good idea for people who have been accepted as supervisor to be given these weapons as this does give them more power over officers to be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.