Gym routine for a 14 year old

Reaction score
All these memes about lifting heavy weights and stunting your growth are getting annoying.

You don't really need to get into counting calories or take protein supplements right now at such an age, if you wanna do shit like powerlifting programs go right ahead, but you're going to have to take time to study form and do it properly, eat right, be consistent with your gym schedule, etc.

If you want to get into strength training, buy this: https://www.amazon.com/Starting-Strength-Basic-Barbell-Training/dp/0982522738

It'll take a while to read but it explains the fundamentals of strength training, exercises, proper form, the logic behind it, the program, etc. I have it and its great, I've been lifting for more than a month now and I can deadlift 88KG x5.

Starting Strength is a very simple program, not that hard to follow. It's the form you need to get right, because if you constantly repeat the exercise over and over again with heavy weight and IMPROPER FORM you're at a huge risk of injuring yourself. Technique and form is the most important, and I cannot stress this enough. Today while I was deadlifting my 1RM (1 rep max) I didn't breathe properly and ended up almost blacking out for a few seconds and my ass ended up on the floor because my blood pressure probably dipped low or my brain wasn't getting enough oxygen. Point is to watch yourself, thankfully I didn't hurt myself but I know I have to watch my breathing technique more carefully now. Youtube is your best friend (alongside the book) when it comes to exercises like these.

If you don't wanna get into strength training, that's cool, you don't have to. Do calisthenics and cardio. Calisthenics are body weight exercises, so you'll be building a strong core and a nice look with some gain in strength if you stay consistent with it. Just google some calisthenic routines, do some research on youtube and you should be good to go.

Good luck bro.

also you're 14 why the fuck do you have parental controls get rid of that shit

Reaction score
you dont need to buy that book
a bit of time researching online is enough

Deleted member 5920

Starting strength is good but you can find all you need to know online, other than that, listen to this advice @smo

Reaction score
I personally do 5 day splits as it works good for me.

However you are young so be careful - I have stretch marks at the top of my biceps because I started too young for my body to cope.
They're not too noticeable but if my arms ever get smaller they will be noticeable - Wait till your 16 or so before doing anything too body changing.