Gym routine for a 14 year old

Reaction score
how much would i bench press I weight 45 kg
I need your height aswell.
But it doesn't matter how much weight. Don't start thinking you HAVE to start with high weight or else you'll injure yourself.
First, learn the proper bench press form by watching videos and reading reddit threads. Then practise with the bar yourself without any weights.
You slowly up the weight until you can do, for example, 4x10 (4 sets, 10 repetition. After 10 reps, you take a minute break and do the second set) and you should be fatigued after every set.
I do something called progressive overload, meaning you add more weight each workout to have a linear progression, but you shouldn't worry about this.

Reaction score
chill there buddy im just saying what i know, and i may be wrong i never said im a fucking fitness advisor

Reaction score
you don't know anything you're talking about. the arbitrary limit on gym time is unfounded and 'shaping' muscles means nothing. also how is a 45 kilo teenager going to have a high fat percentage?

Last edited:
Reaction score
the people who work at the gym are there to sell you on classes and keep you safe, both for the sake of making money for their bosses. they are not trained at all to actually help you build a routine. the only 'help' they're allowed to give you is recommending you a class where you play with battleropes for 2 hours.

Reaction score
I need your height aswell.
But it doesn't matter how much weight. Don't start thinking you HAVE to start with high weight or else you'll injure yourself.
First, learn the proper bench press form by watching videos and reading reddit threads. Then practise with the bar yourself without any weights.
You slowly up the weight until you can do, for example, 4x10 (4 sets, 10 repetition. After 10 reps, you take a minute break and do the second set) and you should be fatigued after every set.
I do something called progressive overload, meaning you add more weight each workout to have a linear progression, but you shouldn't worry about this.
im 5,4

Deleted member 5920

Too young, still growing. I wouldnt go for any gains until your older because you're still growing. Focus on fitness.

Lifting never actually was proven to stunt growth when consuming the correct amount of protein. This fact is true partially but the study that's linked to this fact was conducted in urban america in poverty areas where the subjects couldn't afford the correct amount of protein so were stunting their growth. He should be fine as long as he practises correct form and doesn't put his joints under stress.

Reaction score
Y'all wanna end this thread with the conclusion:
You're a young man. Just wait a bit with the strength and weights (16 years old) and focus on the Fitness as @Daigestive said!
But if u really wanna go on the gains and want to become a muscled midget, go to experienced people around the Gym and ask them if u can train with them.

Reaction score
The easiest way to bulk up is to eat a good bit of protein, lift for "strength" or figure out your 1 rep max on said lift, so if you pick a weight you normally do let's say like 135lbs for bench press, if you can do 12 reps, your max will be 189lbs for the bench press. I also suggest starting with the big muscle groups during your workouts and then moving to smaller muscle groups, so start out with your bench presses, chest presses, shoulder presses, pullups, dips, pushups, all of that good stuff, and end with your arm curls and other smaller movement exercises. The easiest way to bulk also requires repitition, at least 5 days a week for at least 5 lifts with three sets, and if you're feeling lucky, try a super-set or find a workout plan that you feel will help you. So to summarize: 1. Do something that you struggle to complete 3 sets of 6 reps on when lifting at that weight, it'll build your strength. 2. Incorporate bodyweight exercises into your lifts, if you're real skinny, do something to add weight, there's weighted belts online for about 20 bucks, if not, do a bunch of reps, the whole max 6 reps deal doesn't apply here, go to failure. 3. Work from the larger muscle groups to the smaller muscle groups. I also don't suggest you take any supplements because you're only 14, but later on that'll help you. Also don't push it too hard because if you do, it can stunt your growth.

Reaction score
cba to read what others have said, but just get yourself someone that goes to the gym (could be an instructor at the gym) or have gone before, have them show you around and also how the different equipment or whatever works and how you should do it. Then have them make you a schedule or make it yourself of when and what you should exercise. (for example I do chest and triceps in one day, back and biceps the day after that and so on)

I also use Whey-80 as protein after my workouts, however this isn't really needed if you're starting out going to the gym, you should really just try to learn different equipment and shit

Reaction score
You’re a fucking gimp

Maybe he just wants to get in shape and make himself happy?

@smo I normally go gym to go swimming or to go running, I only work on running since that’s what’s easiest for me and I don’t really like going gym but I feel as if I need to.

Do whatever you feel is perfect for yourself.

Reaction score
Stick with cardio right not until you’re 16 to lift weights, you can possibly fuck up my muscles right not as they’re still developing.