Holsters

Reaction score
Description of the idea: Buyable, equippable holsters.

Why should this be added? (pros): I was thinking that the drawing speed of guns is generally slow, and understandably so. In the case of handguns, you just kinda take it off your pants and such. If that's the case, why not make it so that you could buy a holster for a handgun, giving players the ability to draw/equip them faster?

What negatives could this have? (cons): Of course, it has one particular flaw in that at the cost of drawing faster, you can no longer hide the guns. They'd actually display themselves on your person, on your thigh or under your shoulder.

*Other additions: None at the moment.

Shoulder -
s-l1600.jpg

Belt -
0974449825317190814138f0ff4ea9ef061fc544.webp

Thigh -
s-l640.jpg

Reaction score
Would be nice to have cops automatically get this as well, instead of having constantly empty holsters

Reaction score
I have seen other servers with this and it has to be one of the worst additions they have. It just allows for the people who have money to have a bigger advantage over new players and people who are not that equipped.

Also would require someone to model the holsters along with coding it and admittedly (As far as I know wouldn't be that hard to code) but its not worth the time.

Reaction score
man-with-a-gun-tucked-into-his-pants-picture-id91507266
maybe something like this could be added as well a ''concealed carry'' version

Reaction score
people who have money to have a bigger advantage over new players
This is PERPheads. Hasn't this always been the case where those who can afford better cars/weapons have a bigger advantage against new players? Not saying I agree with it, just that this advantage already exists.

A holster can be a low crafting level and doesn't even require a visible world model, just have the pistol appear on their hip similar to how rifles appear on your back. It provides a quicker draw time and wouldn't take too much to be crafted (perhaps for sale at a-blaze-it and able to craft at firearms 20 or something).

Downside is that you can't conceal it, so muggings/avoiding arrests are difficult when in public.

Reaction score
This is PERPheads. Hasn't this always been the case where those who can afford better cars/weapons have a bigger advantage against new players?
this is incredibly true rich people can pretty much shit on poor people 24/7

Reaction score
this is incredibly true rich people can pretty much shit on poor people 24/7
its not even about being rich some people have gotten so fucking good at the combat mechanics that you will get killed before you even see the other person peak the door

Reaction score
That being said, I feel like this could be a somewhat appropriate response to all the experienced raiders with rifles. If some new guy gets the chance to quickdraw and save his home, all the better for him.