How to be the roadcrew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
lEtaWNd.png

Hello players of PERPHeads serious roleplay server. In this tutorial I am going to cover the entire roadcrew job.

What is roadcrew?
Roadcrew is not a government job, but you are employed by the city. Your job is to fix broken vehicles and / or tow them to your station.

What does it pay?
The maximum amount for every service you offer (repair and towing) is $500 per vehicle.

How do I communicate?
Citizens can communicate to you with /rc or by calling you at 565.
You can communicate with your fellow roadcrew worker with /rc as well.
The police is able to see everything sent in /rc.
You are also allowed to use /advert to advertise yourself for free.

Where is it?
The roadcrew depot can be found down at the Fire Departement Gas Station. Just go down the road at City Hall.

r15oyXx.png

One of the main services you offer is repairing a vehicle, it is also the easiest service to offer.
You can do this at your depot or where customers request you to go.
In order to repair you simply whack your wrench on a vehicle until a little popup box shows up telling you it is entirely fixed:
GhFbYdu.png

As mentioned before, you are allowed to ask $500 for this service for each vehicle.
Repairing vehicles will increase your repair skill, that will allow you to fix vehicles faster!
! You can only fix engine damage, to fix exterior damage / popped tires, you must tow it to the repair shop next to Bazaar Gas Station.

gETyjEe.png

A second service you are going to offer is towing vehicles. Only police and the vehicle owner can command you to tow a vehicle, you may not make the decision to tow a vehicle yourself.

To begin towing a vehicle
  1. Position your tow truck, make sure you hold SPACE while exiting the truck so your handbrake is engaged!
    Park close enough to the vehicle, because if you tighten the rope, your tow truck will go flying!
    C0fvr1i.jpg
  2. gUpLoum.jpg
    The winch will now be unwinding so that you can pick up the hook and attach it to a car
  3. Right click the hook with your fists so you can move it around
  4. V8oICRF.jpg
  5. Retract the winch by executing step 2 again. Make sure you retract the winch and don't drive around with it extended!
    When you are done retracting it, click the winch again so the sound stops
    Note: Sometimes the sound may bug out, simply type stopsound in console to fix this.
  6. When the winch is retracted, you are allowed to tow the vehicle around. Turn on your lights with SHIFT
To stop towing a vehicle
  1. Release the hook by pressing WALK (ALT) + USE_KEY (E) on it
  2. Retract the winch again
Impounding
When the police requests you to impound the vehicle, you have to boot it to make sure the owner doesn't just respawn it.
You will impound the vehicles in the impound lot at the roadcrew depot.
To boot: LEFT_CLICK the vehicle with the Car boot item.
To release: Click the vehicle while holding the Car boot item with the RELOAD (R) key.

You are allowed to request $500 for towing and releasing it from the impound. You may not stack the price, $500 is the total for both services or for each service executed separately.

dK6Zsw6.png

• As fun as it may be to drive around and hit other cars, it is against the rules and you will get punished for it.
  • If you want to roleplay a repair shop and build inside of the depot, go ahead.
  • If you ever find yourself in the position where your truck is stuck, you can right click the little wheel where the winch retracts from with your fists and wiggle with the truck.
  • When police requests you to impound a vehicle, and the owner claims they should not pay for it to be released because they didn't ask for it, you can and should still charge them. They're still the reason their vehicle got impounded, not the police, and you should not be paying for their bad parking.
  • If you are told under gunpoint to release a vehicle, you must obey and not risk your life.
  • You may not patrol with the Tow Truck.

That's about it guys, thank you for reading and I wish you a lot of fun being a roadcrew worker!

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is pretty good and covers a lot of commonly asked things by new players, I've stickied it!

Also, you haven't mentioned the repair skill...

Reaction score
prob learn how to be roadcrew faster in-game then actually reading this, but this is nice

Reaction score
:shifty::stop: how long did this take you
Around half an hour I think

This is pretty good and covers a lot of commonly asked things by new players, I've stickied it!
Also, you haven't mentioned the repair skill...
I have edited it to mention the repair skill, but I do not see the use of it. After I fixed 3 cars it already went up to 8/8.

prob learn how to be roadcrew faster in-game then actually reading this, but this is nice
I mainly made this just for the people asking how to tow the vehicle, but without the other explanation it wouldn't be a complete tutorial. Thank you!

Reaction score
What is roadcrew?
Roadcrew is not a government job, but you are employed by the city.

b7cce35f5c.png

just FYI RC is both. you can't go on any fun police chases without risk of punishment.
RC = City Employee and =/ Taxi OR Courier, so = Gov Employee

Status
Not open for further replies.