How to make a successful report

Ash

Reaction score
Reporting a rule breaker
Many people make reports everyday, however only about 30% of reports are done correctly. When you make a report this helps us out a lot, however many reports are pathetic and does not give us a view of the situation at all. This guide is going to show how to make a successfully report a rule breaker.

What do we need from you?
When you see a rule breaker many people just do "/report Admin to me ASAP!!", as you probably know this does not help us at all. Staff tend to instantly close that report as it does not help us at all, nor does it give us a view of the situation. These are the things we need from you when you make reports;

- What rules have been broken?
Try to explain what rules have been broken and how they have been broken. Try not to use the term 'FailRP' or 'FearRP', as both of these are widely opened terms, try to be specific in what you are saying.

- The people who broke rules?
Try to give the in-game name or the steam name. Both are fine. By telling us a certain car or a color of a car can help but may be tricky to find if it has been respawned.

- Patience
Please wait a bit, other people request help too, it's not just your report what is currently open.

- If you have any questions please use /help as anyone can help you.
By using /help means you can give us more time to work on the reports as anyone on the server can help you when you ask a question in /help.

- Explain what happened
Try to explain the situation at best, including all of the above. Try to explain why you may of thought it happened and what happened. This really helps us when responding to your report as we already have a view of what happened and a base to go off from.

What make good and bad reports?
These are bad examples of reports made by people everyday, these are the ones we normally close;

[Report] Admin to me!!!!
[Report] Need help quick !!!
[Report] I am stuck at spawn!!
[Report] Help
[Report] What is the website?
[Report] 3.4

These reports give us no view of the situation or what is going on, for that reason on we close them as we cannot do anything about them unless you write a proper report, including the rules broken, who broke them and what happened.

These are good examples of reports, these help us a lot as it gives us Intel on what has happened;

[Report] 3.4- Jhon doe broke 3.4, he was at gunpoint and he pulled out a gun and killed me.
[Report] Rules 3.4 and 2.1 were broken while Ash Anderson just killed police officers over a ticket.

These are good reports, these are the ones what help us the most. These give information about the situation and the people who are involved. These are the ones we need.

Fear RP and Fail RP
FearRP- FearRP is a widely opened term, try to avoid using this word as this can mean many other things.

FailRP- FailRP is also a widely opened term, try to avoid this as well, this gives us no information about it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Great guide, hopefully people will learn from this; making reports alot more detailed. Good work, Ash!

Reaction score
I remember accidently responding to a report saying 'any loopholes? I'm too scared to go in the underpass and im scared of heights' obviously mine is more detailed he just put 'any loopholes' he created so much drama because he wanted to cross the highway, lol. Anyway, hope this guide helps, I know the pain of useless reports :p Good work Ash!

Reactions: Ash
Reaction score
Nice work Ash. +Respect
That's really helpful for new players. Good guide. Now we need a guide how to open Forum for the new players. :D

Reactions: Ash