How To Respond Code 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Alright, I've seen so many people turning on their emergency lights and siren, go full speed through junctions, red lights, stop signs and so on. What they do is extremly dangerous! So with this guide, I'll try to explain how to safely respond code 3.

First of all, here are the controls:

LShift - Emergency Lights
Q
- Primary Siren
Alt (While The Primary Siren Is Activated)
- Secondary Siren
C
- Extra Siren

Okay, so let's say that you just finished some paperwork at the station. You receive a 911 call saying that a man is being held at gun point. The persons life is in danger and you have to respond code 3. You sprint towards your vehicle, turn on the emergency lights (LShift) and your primary siren (Q) and you start to drive. While approaching intersections you don't accelerate even more and speed through it. Let's say you got a red light while the other side got green. The corner is covered so you can't see if there's any vehicles approaching. What should you do? You should slow down, and then press C maybe twice or three times. Then you enter the junction pretty slow, no vehicles in sight? Then you can start to accelerate again. If there's a vehcile already entering the junction due him having a green light, you still enter the junction slowly. The vehicle should then move aside to let the emergency vehicle pass.

Let's say that you are going on the city bridge, and there's a vehicle infront of you. Then you should turn on your secondary siren to get more attention and if it's safe, you can pass.

So please, whatever you do, don't speed through junctions. I've been in several car accidents because of this. If someone's life is in danger, then while responding you don't want to put more people's life in danger.

Hope you learned something.

- Willie Sparrow - Corporal & Member Of The RTU

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
I like this. Useful for any new and improving officers within the Police Department.
One thing I'd add, regarding when responding code 3 when approacing the scene I find it useful to turn the primary siren off. By then I'd probably have a headache, but would also want to draw the least amount of attention from any suspects in the area, depending on the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.