Server Suggestion Implement a Unit Radio Chat

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Implement a Unit Radio Chat
Suggestion Description: The main government radio has a text chat, though if you want to talk to your unit, there is currently no way of doing this.

Why should this be added?:
- People without Mics can communicate with their units
- Unit chat can be used when there is a lot of radio chatter or noise in an area

What negatives could this have?:
- The usual chat abuse, possibly another chat to monitor/keep track of by admins/mods

Reaction score
Local chat obviously only works in the area, so doesn’t work if you get split up for any reason.

Gov radio can be quite noisy, and if you’re having a conversation with one person over an open channel, it floods the chat for everyone else and can cause confusion.

Reaction score
I agree with this entirely. I've wanted to text chat with someone in a seperate channel to discuss matters and they don't have a mic so they have to talk in radio and alert the person we're talking about.

GP

Reaction score
Making it a different color from /gov would make it stand out even more. This would also be useful when you need to contact your partner and they have their radios off. Gov text radio is usually very active.

Reaction score
Making it a different color from /gov would make it stand out even more. This would also be useful when you need to contact your partner and they have their radios off. Gov text radio is usually very active.
I like the idea of having a different colour, makes it stand out.