Improving 12.1 Jaywalking Law

Reaction score
Is this a new law or a change to a current law: 12.1 Jaywalking

What law do you wish to change/add: Changing the Fine maxium from 750$ to 2000$.

Why should this change/addition be made: I've noticed that recently people just simply run through the Intersection because it's quicker then using the Overpass. This kind of negligence and also intentional ignorance caused many Traffic Collisions and Deaths in the paste. We also had people who used the highway to enter Busniess Sector even though we have a monorail
station.

What is the aim of this change/addition: Hopefully it will be a effective deterence and also could lower risk for other fellow traffic particapants. It also caused injuries and death among fellow Emergency Service Workers who try to rescue these people, because mostly there is no time to place warning signs due to limited time frame to retrieve the body.

Additional Information: I would've recommended a jail sentence aswell but that would've being too harsh unless it's just a big problem in the City.

Reaction score
I agree that allowing small jail sentence would be a good thing, even though quite unrealistic. Currently its almost impossible to enforce jaywalking as police officer, due to the fact that most of people don't care about 750$, especially sweaters who are the most common offenders. On the other hand it might end up in cops jailing ppl for crossing random street in the city not on pedestrian crossing, as not every cop is capable of adjusting sentence to seriousness of the offence, and apply maximum one each time. Perhaps allowing jail only in case of jaywalking on the highway would be a solution.

ind

Reaction score
This has been suggested at least more than once before: https://perpheads.com/threads/change-to-12-1-jaywalking.19450/

It's one of them, where there are conflicts between the sever rules (realism) and the laws, and sadly I don't think anyone has the golden solution at this time despite offenders being banned and/or officer's detaining/ticketing them. Only if people could get electrocuted like the monorail, but again this would affect roleplay situations where a pursuit ends up with people on foot running to or from the intersection in order to get away.

I do agree that's it's beyond annoying though.

Reaction score
This has been suggested at least more than once before: https://perpheads.com/threads/change-to-12-1-jaywalking.19450/

It's one of them, where there are conflicts between the sever rules (realism) and the laws, and sadly I don't think anyone has the golden solution at this time despite offenders being banned and/or officer's detaining/ticketing them. Only if people could get electrocuted like the monorail, but again this would affect roleplay situations where a pursuit ends up with people on foot running to or from the intersection in order to get away.

I do agree that's it's beyond annoying though.
I can understand to a certain degree that a new player would break this rule but i also see very commonly experienced ones doing it. None the less it becomes a growing problem and most cops, paramedics can't attend to these people when they get hit because of more urgent matters pressing them.

Reaction score
No, people should not be jailed for 12.1. Jaywalking should stay as it is.

If someone is crossing the HIGHWAY not a normal street you can consider charging them with 9.8 Reckless Endangerment depending on the severity of the situation and if a dangerous situation could have or did occur

Reaction score
No, people should not be jailed for 12.1. Jaywalking should stay as it is.

If someone is crossing the HIGHWAY not a normal street you can consider charging them with 9.8 Reckless Endangerment depending on the severity of the situation and if a dangerous situation could have or did occur
Even if we don't add a jail sentence, the fine maxium needs to be increased. 750$ is nothing in terms of Paralake standards.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i believe that this law needs to be reworded to penalise those that cause problems on a roadway rather than punishing those that just cross the street.
The crossing points in paralake are extremely ill-thought out and are inadequately signed and located, which just penalises pedestrians further

Reaction score
true, jaywalking is hard to enforce but you can’t go around putting everyone in jail for it and increasing the fine will only cause more problem. Enforcing it on the highways is much easier as you could argue someone running on the highway is breaking law 9.8 reckless endangerment as it could cause people to break, swerve or crash injuring or killing themselves and 9.8 is four years and 4k.

Reaction score
I can't even count the amount of people ive siren spammed at when they walk across the highway. They don't care about what they do, none of them. What a small fine for walking on the highway? Pfft thats nothing. People on the highway cause major problems and so many accidents, I know we can do 9.8 but i think we need to clarify things more for officers to start enforcing it.

Reaction score
I can't even count the amount of people ive siren spammed at when they walk across the highway. They don't care about what they do, none of them. What a small fine for walking on the highway? Pfft thats nothing. People on the highway cause major problems and so many accidents, I know we can do 9.8 but i think we need to clarify things more for officers to start enforcing it.
When they are on the highway they are also causing a dangerous situation. You can argue 9.8 there.

I would argue to remove jaywalking maybe and instead have a new law called obstructing traffic? Or something like this?

Last edited:
Reaction score
When they are on the highway they are also causing a dangerous situation. You can argue 9.8 there.

I would argue to remove jaywalking maybe and instead have a new law called obstructing traffic? Or something like this?
You know that's not a bad idea. People obstruct traffic with their cars to, props, etc. it would actually be a very handy law.

Reaction score
The only people running across the intersection are sweaters who don't know or care about the rules. Being sweaters, their tickets are reduced 90%. Giving them a $200 fine instead of a $75 fine for running across the intersection will make absolutely no difference.

Reaction score
The only people running across the intersection are sweaters who don't know or care about the rules. Being sweaters, their tickets are reduced 90%. Giving them a $200 fine instead of a $75 fine for running across the intersection will make absolutely no difference.
It's not only sweaters i saw in paste days and months. People are just too lazy to use overpass so they think they can quickly bolt through Intersection while it's Red as if there isn't someone who could drive recklessly and kill them or emergency vehicle is on it's way to a Situation.

Reaction score
It's not only sweaters i saw in paste days and months. People are just too lazy to use overpass so they think they can quickly bolt through Intersection while it's Red as if there isn't someone who could drive recklessly and kill them or emergency vehicle is on it's way to a Situation.
And that's why I go out of my way to run over everyone at intersection

Reaction score
This is just overkill, the fine would also apply to minuscule offenses which still constitute Jaywalking such as crossing from one sidewalk to another without using the zebra crossing. Imagine $2,000 for crossing across the street from Uncle Co's to the coffee shop, absolutely OD.

In the future, charge them with this. Running across an active and busy intersection is certainly reckless endangerment, just like throwing rocks or other objects at moving cars is.

DMqdzL8.png