Community Suggestion Informing the community of the next Admin Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Informing the community of the next Admin Meeting
Suggestion Description: My suggestion is to advertise to the community when the next Admin Meeting when will be. This could increase transparency within the administration of the server. Numerous times, I see people ask when the next admin meeting, and always get a generic response of “in 1 to 2 weeks.” I think that having a forum post of informing members when the next meeting would be, would reduce the amount of people asking and also, again, increase transparency.

Why should this be added?:
I mainly listed it above, but one of the things I believe why it should be added is so that people have a general idea when their ban appeals, disputes, and applications will be reviewed. It’s no fun waiting 2-3 weeks to get a response on applications or ban appeals.

What negatives could this have?:
I don’t see any negatives this could have. It reduces the amount of people asking when the next admin meeting would be and increases transparency!

What problem would this suggestion solve?: Listed above.

Increase transparency to what benefit? They are held every 1-2 weeks when we feel there is enough appeals and other things to convene and go over.

I told you beforehand that Helper applications are NOT dealt with in admin meetings unless CM’s are present. Your application was left out to marinate a little bit likely due to a combination of dried out replies and CM’s being busy.

Increase transparency to what benefit? They are held every 1-2 weeks when we feel there is enough appeals and other things to convene and go over.

I told you beforehand that Helper applications are NOT dealt with in admin meetings unless CM’s are present. Your application was left out to marinate a little bit likely due to a combination of dried out replies and CM’s being busy.
This isn’t about “my application.” Let’s get that straight.

The common reply is 1-2 weeks. Yet, I don’t believe that it is fair for people to be left in the dark when their applications or appeals are going to get reviewed. There should be something to let others know when your appeals/application will be reviewed. Being left in the dark for any type of those ain’t fun.

This implies even the admins know when the admin meeting will be more than half an hour before it happens.
That is an issue right there, and to me (who is a supervisor in numerous positions, both in real life and in game), a poor management strategy. Giving someone 30 minute notice of a meeting is not right.

And seeing on how this was deleted, not sure by who, I shall post peeps reply:

This implies even the admins know when the admin meeting will be more than half an hour before it happens.

This isn’t about “my application.” Let’s get that straight.

The common reply is 1-2 weeks. Yet, I don’t believe that it is fair for people to be left in the dark when their applications or appeals are going to get reviewed. There should be something to let others know when your appeals/application will be reviewed. Being left in the dark for any type of those ain’t fun.

The reply is true and correct, they are not left in the dark, they’re literally given an estimation, meaning they have a rough idea of when it will be handled. There is not supposed to be any “fun” in waiting, especially for people who have been permanently banned for severe rulebreaks, and Enforcer Applications are typically dealt with in a timely manner, so I dont know where this is coming from

Everything that is "left in the dark"

Applications - which proves whether or not you can be patient or not and allows the community to give feedback.
and ban appeals that hold length - who cares about them?

Everything that is "left in the dark"

Applications - which proves whether or not you can be patient or not and allows the community to give feedback.
and ban appeals that hold length - who cares about them?
Patience for a video game where others want to help others further… yeah okay, let’s just wait 3 weeks to give an applicant a reply.

No clear benefits have been provided despite being asked.

Muh transparency

Status
Not open for further replies.