Police Suggestion Inspect melees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Inspect blades
Suggestion Description: Click R on a melee to see if it has blood on it or not. This way you can see if a melee was used recently.

Clean = not used recently
Dry blood = used a bit recently
Wet blood = very recently used

Why should this be added?:
- investigation
- QoL
- immersion
- better for upholding /me rules, possibly lifting pressure off of staff from people breaking /me rule in such instances.

What negatives could this have?:
- graphic description that may trigger some individuals?

Reaction score
Adding a second skin to the melee weapon textures covered in blood that degrade overtime would be a sweet addition along with inspection

GP

Reaction score
Adding a second skin to the melee weapon textures covered in blood that degrade overtime would be a sweet addition along with inspection
If that's added I'm against making a text-based system. Diegetic implementations are usually better. Show, not tell!

Reaction score
I can make this in a few minutes if anyone wants it.

Thoughbeit, Some of these textures for blades are just single coloured squares that overlay several times, such as the katana Blade.

Reaction score
It would be a good addition as I know when you inspect guns that are for sale you can see the gun's temperature, Like what Clarky said the second skin and slow degrade back to normal would be a great addtion to visuals for melee weapons- I do think the time for this needs to be a decent amount of time.

What negatives could this have?:
For not potentially triggering people the descriptions could be:

Not used: "The weapon is clean."
Used sort of recently: "The weapon seems to have been used a little while ago..."
Used very recently: "The weapon seems to have been used very recently!"

Reaction score
For not potentially triggering people the descriptions could be:

Not used: "The weapon is clean."
Used sort of recently: "The weapon seems to have been used a little while ago..."
Used very recently: "The weapon seems to have been used very recently!"
At that point you should avoid playing the server entirely, if the word "blood" triggers you, not the violence of the actual visible blood... Or even worse the general language that is used on the server to portray violence and constant hostile relations.

Reaction score
At that point you should avoid playing the server entirely, if the word "blood" triggers you, not the violence of the actual visible blood... Or even worse the general language that is used on the server to portray violence and constant hostile relations.
I do agree with this. Plus the descriptions originally given (wet/dry blood) would probably work well with the descriptions I suggested if text based descriptions are used. For example: "[Wet blood] This weapon has been used very recently"

Reaction score
Would be an incredibly great small touch of detail, but come on dont say that the word "blood" triggers you if so then hop off the server.

Reaction score
i like the idea but what if i do /me clean the knife ?

Status
Not open for further replies.