Police Suggestion Internal Affairs Complaint Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea:
Have the ability to make add more than one officer to a complaint. At the moment when you are creating a complaint you select a specific officer and then proceed to make the complaint. I feel like you should be able to make the same complaint on multiple officers if it's done in the same situation. For example, if 3 officers raid an apartment for no reason, you're able to make one complaint on all three officers.
2t9aTYO.png

What benefits would this idea have for the department:
Save time
It means there are less active IAs I guess
Instead of being assigned more than 1 IA for the same situation, it allows the officer to have it all on one complaint.

What potential negatives could this have for the department:
More work for development services.

Other additions:
Potentially make it so Internal Affairs Command and PSD can merge complaints instead.​

Reaction score
Excellent idea I've had to deal with 3 complaints for one situation, one thing I know is that it's a pain in the arse to manage and it would be a lot easier if it could all be inside one complaint.

Reaction score
Excellent idea I've had to deal with 3 complaints for one situation, one thing I know is that it's a pain in the arse to manage and it would be a lot easier if it could all be inside one complaint.
Same here, it can be a pain in the ass lol.

Reaction score
yet usually evey officer breaks different rules/policies so each requires a different statement and I rather not have my 3 officers I make a report on see each other's statement to create more effectiveness and find differences in the stories

Reaction score
yet usually evey officer breaks different rules/policies so each requires a different statement and I rather not have my 3 officers I make a report on see each other's statement to create more effectiveness and find differences in the stories
No, officers will not be able to see others statement. At the moment, if you send a statement to the defendant and a witness, they don't get to see each others statements. Not to mention, officers cant even see their own statement once submitted.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is a cool idea, that won’t ever be done in the current version, but may be done in the new version currently being developed

I’d hope they haven’t already done an IA system that’s like the current one because, from a web development stance, this would most likely require them to redo a good portion of it

Reaction score
This would cause even more delays and for certain won't be happening in the first release of BlueDuck.

It may be considered again in the future

Reaction score

Good idea for the new site, will check it out when we have the minimum required features done.

Note: This is just me saying it is possible development wise, I will code a version of it when the site is done and pass it onto PLPD Chiefs for final approval

Status
Not open for further replies.