Police Suggestion Allowing Senior CC members to resolve minor misconduct complaints alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea:

Amending CC policy to allow complaints that fall under "minor misconduct" To be dealt with by a single Senior CC member, as well as complaints that have no evidence provided, instead of requiring a committee meeting over it, On the terms that:

- The final report be written with pretty immense detail.
- The outcome couldn't possibly result in any action beyond a reprimand.

Currently, Having CC deal with something in a formal meeting that could have been resolved in game with a reprimand makes meetings last longer than necessary.

The reality of the situation is, A single person can deal with minor misconduct and make a formal, educated decision on the outcome.

What benefits would this idea have for the department:
- More streamlined process for Complaints.
- Allows more resources for the more serious complaints.

What potential negatives could this have for the department:
- Idk, less of a group vote on a complaint outcome? This would only affect minor complaints anyways.

Last edited:
Reaction score
- The final report be written with pretty immense detail.
- The outcome couldn't possibly result in any action beyond a reprimand.
Those are very vague/opinionable requirements, the whole point of a CC meeting is so that we can review, debate and come to a majority decision - it doesn't really make sense to have the exact opposite of that process regardless of the initially conceived simplicity.

If these incidents of minor misconduct are so simple then it's not going to take long to deal with in a meeting anyway, if they aren't so simple then they're the prime reason we need a CC meeting to talk about them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I do not think this is a good idea whatsoever. The whole idea behind the CC is the variety of people voting on the outcome. So at the end we are only humans and each of us can have his own opinion, not only on a topic, but also about someone, and this might lead to people being punished by someone, who simply doesnt like them, or seen them in one situation and is biased.

Even if this is a reprimand, it can still handicap officers ability to promote, if a biased CC member issues him one without consulting it, as sometimes a comment card would be even a better choice.

I don't want to undermine any senior CC member proffessionalism, however I believe it is fair to leave the situation as is.

Reaction score
I think people are misunderstanding what this suggestion actually is, and what "minor misconduct complaints" actually means. This suggestion would only cover complaints about discourtesy or traffic offences, i.e stuff that literally any in-game Supervisors can deal with and reprimand for already without having to go through the complaint committee.

Reaction score
I think people are misunderstanding what this suggestion actually is, and what "minor misconduct complaints" actually means. This suggestion would only cover complaints about discourtesy or traffic offences, i.e stuff that literally any in-game Supervisors can deal with and reprimand for already without having to go through the complaint committee.
Essentially what we're doing is just speeding up the times it takes to get complaints handled^ It's a win win as complaints (especially the blatant ones) could be dealt with SO much more quicker and I just think this suggestion kind of misinterpreted what Benji actually meant by this.

We should not have to go through a meeting for every little thing when a senior CC member is around to just deal with it on the spot, given that they are more experienced and in such a position for a reason. Of course if there is a disagreement with the final decision and it gets appealed by the defendant, it can be looked into even further by relevant parties to deal with it, but I am sure this would be very unlikely.

Reaction score
  • Staff
I do not think this is a good idea whatsoever. The whole idea behind the CC is the variety of people voting on the outcome. So at the end we are only humans and each of us can have his own opinion, not only on a topic, but also about someone, and this might lead to people being punished by someone, who simply doesnt like them, or seen them in one situation and is biased.

Even if this is a reprimand, it can still handicap officers ability to promote, if a biased CC member issues him one without consulting it, as sometimes a comment card would be even a better choice.

I don't want to undermine any senior CC member proffessionalism, however I believe it is fair to leave the situation as is.
Explain to me why we need 3 people to give a comment card over a traffic violation? Also, explain how this bias cannot be exhibited through an in game supervisor situation resulting in a reprimand? You are statistically significantly more likely to receive ill treatment from a supervisor in game than you would a senior CC member.

The decision of a CC meeting for very mundane / minor complaints is usually a unanimous vote anyways, Take it from someone who's been in it for 2 and a half years.

Even if the bias being exerted would ever happen as you claim, you'd know who handled it and issued the reprimand to begin with, you have a right to dispute this.

Reaction score

Please understand that the situations these kinds of complaints would be made for are the exact same incidents you, as a Supervisor, would be able to reprimand for in-game in the Supervisor's office. The Senior Complaint Committee Members are more experienced in dealing with complaint outcomes than any current in-game Supervisor. The people who are Senior CC members are Sean, Benji, Mallard, Clarky and myself

Reaction score
Absolutely agreed! I'm fairly certain that CC members make good judgments and especially Senior CC members. If we can trust a Sergeant to do the same job alone then why can't we allow more senior and experienced members of the department to do the same? I remember when I was part of the complaint committee we would have a huge backlog of complaints to go through and the process of reviewing the case, voting, and submitting the final decision as a group is longer than people might initially think. I saw the most divide in opinions on serious cases and less so in minor misconduct complaints. I think this time would be much better invested in discussing a more appropriate outcome for other, more complex cases.

Reaction score
Please understand that the situations these kinds of complaints would be made for are the exact same incidents you, as a Supervisor, would be able to reprimand for in-game in the Supervisor's office. The Senior Complaint Committee Members are more experienced in dealing with complaint outcomes than any current in-game Supervisor. The people who are Senior CC members are Sean, Benji, Mallard, Clarky and myself
Actually you are right, I kinda misunderstood the meaning of a minor complaint, and when you actually mentioned that supervisors on duty can issue reprimands for such misconduct, it makes sense that more experienced CC members can have a good judgement of the situation, as supervisors can give theese reprimands at their own discretion.

Reaction score

This is not the place to make suggestions to PD policy. Put a message in one of the CC channels on Discord or the policy board channel. For anyone else reading this who is not in CC/policy board who wants to suggest policy changes, make a help desk ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.