Police Suggestion New Players becoming Officers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ophelia

Banned
Reaction score
Brief description of idea: Basically, either don't allow new players on duty as a officer, Either let them start as a PO or nothing at all until they have a certain amount hours on the server.

What benefits would this idea have for the department: it will Reduce a LOT of IA Complaints.

What potential negatives could this have for the department: New Players who come on solidly to play cop will be removed I guess.

To give a new player this much power is ridiculous who is just going to waste other people's time and having to make an IA over people joining the server 1 time to minge and ruin other people's experiences

Reaction score
No, new players should be able to play the entirety of the game from the start. Putting the game behind some arbitrary gate just serves to drive people away. Please don't turn PERP into some kind of shit MilitaryRP where I have to spent half an hour looking at some fancy rank insignia some fat nerd has made and sit there listening to some child telling me how to about face and all these formations that I have to learn before I can play the game.

New players make mistakes and should be helped through these mistakes by learning as they play; that's why they have the title near their nameplate. It's not just so that you know you can give them 10k for a better chance of enforcer or that mugging them is nasty.

Ophelia

Banned
Reaction score
No, new players should be able to play the entirety of the game from the start. Putting the game behind some arbitrary gate just serves to drive people away. Please don't turn PERP into some kind of shit MilitaryRP where I have to spent half an hour looking at some fancy rank insignia some fat nerd has made and sit there listening to some child telling me how to about face and all these formations that I have to learn before I can play the game.

New players make mistakes and should be helped through these mistakes by learning as they play; that's why they have the title near their nameplate. It's not just so that you know you can give them 10k for a better chance of enforcer or that mugging them is nasty.
Giving a new player access to jail people and ticket etc when they don't even know the basic rules or laws of the game is kind of ridiculous and outrageous at least let them learn the laws and rules while they are playing a government job such as a medic or a roadcrew. then they are given the time to understand the rules and laws. gotta learn how to walk before you run.

Status
Not open for further replies.