JayStew's Guide: Traffic Stop Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
JayStew’s Unofficial Guide For Traffic Stops

(Citizen and Police)

Hello everyone of the PerpHead’s community! I thought I would make this little guide to help out new players and maybe even some existing players on the server, This will be split up into sections for the Police Officer and the Citizen, Enjoy!​

____________________________________________​

Police Officer’s Guide to Traffic Stops/Violations:

Some Reasons To Initiate A Traffic Stop

-Speeding is one of the most common reasons to pull over a vehicle, As a Police Officer you should know limits inside of the city as well as on the highway.

-Reckless Driving is another great reason to pull over a citizen, This could include: Weaving in and out of traffic (Sometimes on the opposite side of the road) and tailgating other vehicles.

-Failing To Stop is another valid and good reason to initiate a traffic stop. Things like running a
red light or rolling through a stop sign are prime examples of this.

-Common Sense like driving at night without headlights on or even driving in the middle of the road instead of in a designated lane are valid for a traffic stop as well.

Conducting a Traffic Stop:

To notify the vehicle that you wish to stop to pull over, Turn on your emergency lights (Left shift) as well as your sirens (C) I recommend having a yell binded saying something around the lines of “Paralake Police, Pull the vehicle to the side” or something of that nature. Make sure to also radio in the Make, Model, Color and Location of the vehicle you are stopping.​

Step 1; When in a safe area, Step out of your patrol vehicle and make your way towards the driver side window of the vehicle, Turn on your flashlight if needed. Once you are at the window, State your Name, Police Division and ask them for their licence and registration. (Side Note: If there is a passenger in the vehicle, Get there ID too.)

Step 2; Once you have gathered the information, Head back to your vehicle and run the information on your police laptop (/me) and for an added experience when looking through records, Roll using (/roll) making sure that the citizen has rolled as well judge if you have rolled more or less and cite the citizen appropriately. (You rolling higher means this isn’t there first time getting pulled over and instead of a warning, You should give them a citation. I just like doing this for extra roleplay.)

Step 3; Step out of your patrol car once again and proceed back to the driver side window of the vehicle, Depending on what they have done you can either give them a verbal warning or write them a citation.

Citizens guide to Traffic Stops/Violations:

-Comply with the officer and be respectful at all times, No need to be a dick.

-Roleplay at all times and make sure you remain in character.

-Don’t Complain, Usually it’s a small violation and the process is quick, There is no need to make a bigger deal than it needs to be.

-Just Pull Over, It will make not only your life but the officer’s life much easier, That is unless you have just committed a crime that they have witnessed like murder, Then you should book your ass out of there.

Thank you for taking the time to read this thread, If I have missed anything or you have any suggestions to add, Feel free to PM them or reply them below, Cheers!​

Last edited:

MattIs

Impressive! Good job with this article! Very interesting read and will certainly help with new players

Status
Not open for further replies.