just a curiosity

• Thread starter Deleted member 27
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 27

How do you created the perpheads perp server, and how to get perp gamemode? And, whats your server host?

Reaction score
Owners and some admins have been playing with each other since 2011 or older, it goes way back to the legendary perp server owned by the VS3 community. Sadly, the community has shut down. Those were good times. In VS3 server, 2 big clans ruled through the city. One was called Eseputo, I was one of the leaders of the clan. And the other one was called Jarheads, it's leader was Xquality who were my biggest enemy at that time, Fredy was also in Jarheads. Eseputo vs Jarheads raids were one of the best perp raids I've experienced. Anyway, Perpheads got it's name from Jarheads. One thing I'm sure about is if I open up my perp community one day it will be called Perpputo ;p
As for the gamemode, one thing I know is Fredy modified and fixed it so much that it is something really nice right now. He's doing a good job.
And for the host, I've never wondered reallly.

Reaction score
It was a series of hit and miss events.
Noone ever thought that VS3 could go down, it seemed too beautiful to the naked eye of an unaware player who only had to worry about his illegal substances growing in the back room.
These were the days where true friendships formed, the seeds of today's clans and as we see servers.
There was another project after VS3 which was called simply perp but that happened to be a flop, I don't wanna disclose why because to this day I don't really know the exact details of that case however, after that there was a real shit stink in the air where everyone knew that one try of not really reviving but making another community, very similar to the old one turned out to be good for a few months. After a long break Fredy, Xquality, Stephen and I believe Renato decided to take matters in their hands and rewrote the whole engine (idea) of the mode and made A LOT of tweaks to it so the fun would last for a longer time. Of course it would be purely boring on the same map for the third time so they had made some changes to the beloved EvoCity v33x and produced their version of it. Half a year later, after a lot of tears and sweat we can play Paralake which seems like a fantastic move as it gave a huge revive to a community which still had loads of players but not with the same enthusiasm as from day one.

If you have zero knowledge about the whole thing and how it works I recommend devoting a lot of your time to learning about it and actually gathering a team. Without knowledge or experience it will always be a flop. I'm not trying to say that you'll fail but I had these ideas throughout my life a lot of times and each time I didn't devote enough time for the knowledge and didn't even bother finishing the beginning of a project.

Reaction score
I remember the good times in VS3, that was the time i started to play Perp after 2 years of inactivity from Gmod.. I got a friendly welcome from all the Admins and Owners and then i just knew it would be a good server!
I started off as Snafu mentioned, a player who only had to worry about my illegal growing in a small house somewhere, i started getting into an organisation and began to grow, start up, get money, get cars, and best of all Weapons!
I really liked the gamemode, and i still do.. But it's not that good as from where i started. The VS3 community!

Deleted member 27

Wow awesome history!
Thanks for all the feedback.
That story is really good.
Thanks for the information. :D

Reaction score
Vs3 sure was along time ago!, funny to think the friendships formed still continue today. Such progress has been made - Perpheads, is like no other, due to the hard working owners (And staff), and the friendly community, both in-game and on the forums. Long live PH :D
Johnny Sinclair still haunts my dreams though...
Upon the Vs3 community closing, I stated, I would attempt making my own PERP server, me being only 11 at the time I truly believed this was accomplish-able as I did not understand the amount of knowledge and work needed to start, and maintain a server... Some people offered to help: I think Snafu offered, and Xq I believe to do bug testing :p. I don't think I got as far as even a name, oh well. Then SP started, and lasted about a week (Shit happens), one day GhostFanta told me that a new community called 'PerpHeads' had been set up by Xq, Fredy, and Stephen, so I decided to check it out - Turns out, it was and is the best damn Gmod server I have ever seen - Thanks for all the good times, and to many more!.

Reaction score
GhostFanta said:
I remember the good times in VS3, that was the time i started to play Perp after 2 years of inactivity from Gmod.. I got a friendly welcome from all the Admins and Owners and then i just knew it would be a good server!
I started off as Snafu mentioned, a player who only had to worry about my illegal growing in a small house somewhere, i started getting into an organisation and began to grow, start up, get money, get cars, and best of all Weapons!
I really liked the gamemode, and i still do.. But it's not that good as from where i started. The VS3 community!
Just think, Downtown Mafia has survived three servers... With only a few problems

Reaction score
GhostFanta said:
The group was big back then! :)

Reaction score
GhostFanta said:
Guys, downtown mafia, eseputo, jarheads, black suited mafia if I remember right, oh and the infamous escobar's.
Holy shit these were the days...

Reaction score
GhostFanta said:
Miss the good old days of Perp! :)

Reaction score
GhostFanta said:
We need well-organized clans like that back on the server.

Reaction score
GhostFanta said:
The Belinsky Empire is where its at now ;)

Deleted member 27

Robert_Kingston said:
not really closed
I know that. I have just said "Closed" for let the admins know they can close this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.