K2 - 3 important map changes. (ideas 11-13/143)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: 3 important map changes suggestions

Short explanation (in notes):
- changing the T junction connecting highway and business roads
- rebuilding area outside city hall so it's actually possible to do something when it starts burning
- 3 times shorter monorail stops AND/OR buttons at stations

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):

Changing the uphill T crossing near bazaar considering that right now it's EXTREMELY DANGEROUS and so unrealistic that it wouldn't exist in real life. I hate when a jet pilot runs into me when I'm driving up that road to the highway. Especially when it's an emergency and I'm running on lights and siren. Such junctions don't exist in real life because there is no way to see to the left or right without third person view. Oh, and did I mention it's uphill so you have to either stop, look and drive up and out very slowly or not drive at all with some cars, or don't slow down and hope to be lucky and not get killed?

City hall - there are also no modern buildings in real life built in such way that a fire engine can't drive close enough for firemen to extinguish a fire. Maybe the fire hoses are too short, but let's assume the length is right, but the building is not deliberate enough. Think about it like a real architect, Xquality. I know you've worked hard on this map, but some things have to be modified.

Shorter monorail stops or buttons - IT HAS TO BE CHANGED in some way. I don't think I have to convince someone who has used the monorail at least once. It's just a waste of time. Make it at least 3 times shorter or make it detect if somebody is waiting for it and then it should go straight to him without stopping if it's empty. But create 2 buttons on each station so it knows where to take someone who is waiting.

I'll explain it further. Let's call business station A, garage B and suburbs C.
Think about how it works now: a person runs to B just as monorail drives off to A. He wants to go to A. He then has to wait for it to go to A, stop, go to B, stop, go to C, stop, go to B, stop and finally go to A.

Here's one instance explaining how to make it simple but effective:
Monorail should be by default waiting at B - it's in the middle. A person at B presses a button forcing it go to C and the monorail goes to C after a few seconds after that person gets inside (so that others can get in). When monorail is on the way to C, someone at A presses a button forcing it to take him to C. The computer then remembers it and monorail stops at C, and shortly after goes to A without stopping at B unless someone stops it while it's between C and B. Then it takes the second person from A to C and comes back to B to stay there.

Optional additions:
- make PD exterior nicer
- add another floor to PD (maybe even sealed off by a closed door - it's unrealistically small)

Reaction score
These are not changes that should be taken so likely as the are not all so easy, like maybe smoothing out the T junction at bazar isn't too hard but an overhaul on the city halls exterior is a little bigger (the auto de-spawn would remove the truck anyway at the moment). For the first two points you raised realism as the main reason they should be added but how many monorails do you know in real life that go around the city on the push of a button?
To summarise.
+support on the first one, I would not mind seeing the corners being smoothed out a little on that corner.
-support on the others as I feel they are not needed and in my opinion the effort far out ways what it would add.

Reaction score
What about built in fire hoses inside buildings such as city hall and office? Works like a hydrant but is placed on the wall and there is a hose behind a door? Could add pics, but most people know what this is i believe.

Reaction score
Ok, my monorail suggestion may be too excessive but at least make it stop for 30 seconds or preferably less so waiting for it wouldn't be a waste of time. And fire hydrants at city hall would be good enough.

Deleted member 1235

I've had my fair share of accidents at that T-Junction aswell. It's rather dangerous xD

Status
Not open for further replies.