Kevlar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I think it's a bad idea, don't want people to be more powerfull than they already are.

-Support.

Reaction score
I don't think so, Kevlar is the thing that gives the police the advantage when their enemys are armed with assault rifles and they only have pistols. Sure the SWAT may have equal and even better guns but they're SWAT, their meant to be that way.

Reaction score
Going on what Ghost and Magma have both said, a normal citizen wouldn't be able to get hold of a ballistic vest let alone craft one. Players are already highly overpowered with sniper rifles and so forth, we don't need them becoming so overpowered that they destroy the roleplaying environment.

So therefore it's a -support from me.

Trande

Best suggestion ever. So much content in your post. Now we know your point, and know what your pros and cons are. - support

Reaction score
+ Support. I've whined about how much criminals are at a disadvantage compared to cops/SWAT. There should be different craftable body armours, ranging from light Kevlar vests to ceramic plating (which would obviously be much harder to hide, and therefore make you look suspicious). I'll use PayDay 2 as an example; In the game, if you wear something like a combined tactical vest (the fat vest with thigh and shoulder protection), you're really suspicious, whereas if you wear a thin ballistic vest under your suit, you look no different. Such a thing would be brilliant if it was implemented into Perpheads. If someone is robbing the bank, their only option really is to run or to negotiate. Fighting just isn't an option because you're so vulnerable and the cost of the weapons needed to take on SWAT simply outweighs the rewards for robbing the bank. However, if you could craft a decent suit of body armour, with the sole purpose of using it to rob the bank, then you shall be rewarded. It would give people that actually plan robberies more of an edge to those who just think "ahh fuck it, im gonna rob the bank". IRL, you don't just walk into a bank and rob it without any planning. You arrange an exit and prepare for a possible shootout. Being able to craft armour would come under shootout preparation. Im not suggesting that everyone can craft some huge suits filled with steel plates, but it would be good to have the option, IE not being able to craft something like it until you reach firearms level 100, and maybe lvl 50 for a thin, concealable kevlar vest for the cautious civilian. I also think having a thin vest capable of stopping a 9mm to the chest would be a good way to stop people feeling helpless when they have a gun to them because the way FearRP works makes it impossible to do anything, but having a vest could give your character the confidence to act. Anyway, Thank you for reading my massive argument :D

PS: About the normal citizens being unable to craft thing such as ballistic vests, I think it would be much easier for someone to make a kevlar vest than something like an M82, but that links in with the firearms level anyway. Normal citizens would be seen to have 0-10 firearms level, so anyone with the skill to craft armour would not be seen as a normal citizen.

-:D

Reaction score
I don't think it would be fair to add full Kevlar into the server. The point is for SWAT to be "Over-powered" as such, that's how things are in real life, most of the time. However, I think it would be cool to add a form of bullet proof vest into the server, that isn't overpowered, and you're still damaged by bullets, just not as much. But Headshots/Leg shots still damage you. It's often the case that in real life, when people are shot with a shotgun while using a bullet-proof vest the obtain serious injury, such as damaging to the ribs.

Status
Not open for further replies.