Armor for Medics

Reaction score
Topic: Armor for Medic

Short explanation:
-Add Kevlar vests (Armor) for medics.

Detailed description:
-As Medic i've been shot and killed more than I can remember so this will give Medics a higher chance of survival if they come under fire.
-It would also add realism due to the fact many EMT's across the world wear protective vests everyday.

Kay

Reaction score
This could come In handy but think of it like this.

Medics going around with bullet proof vests?

Naaahhhh

Well maybe a little bit of armour for shoot outs.

Last edited:
Reaction score
"Adding realism" isnt really a reason for it to be accepted, there are many things that add realism but arent practical went it comes down to it being implemented on the server.
However, I do see the usefulness of this suggestion considering in the context of the city the paramedics are working in, it would make sense for the city to supply a paramedic with some sort of protection (not on the level of police by any means) to ensure longevity and chances of survival.
+support

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would love medics to be given a smaller kevlar vest where they can sustain some pistol bullets! I believe that medics are currently very vulnerable in combat which obviously means that they need some kind of buff, +support

Reaction score
+Support
I believe that the paramedics need this because right now they are really not suited for shootouts so maybe a little armor on the paramedics will be great.

Regards Appricey

Reaction score
ambulance_hi_viz_body_armour.jpg

+Support
In a city like Paralake, the ambulance service would have definitely been given stabvests or kevlar vests due to the way the paramedics are mistreated in their day to day duties, such as being shot when they only had positive intentions to help people. If NHS workers can have them, why the fuck wouldn't they have them in Paralake?

Reaction score
+support, poor medics get shot up every day when they're only trying to help people. Medics need protection against the angry knife wielding sweaters.

Reaction score
-Support in all honesty from my Point of view as nice as it seems.. the medics should be no where near a live firing zone and when near one should evacuate and make a safe zone (if we were however to change the protocol for medics id happily +support)

Reaction score
There are obviously two sides to this suggestion.
I feel that medics don't need armour; simply for the fact that they are, most of the time, able to avoid situations of being shot, etc.
The addition of armour may also impact the confidence of medics "combat reviving" as they stand more of a chance of surviving in the middle of a shootout, while still risking their lives.
I feel that a simpler option would be to add stimpacks to the kind lady at the PD alongside bandages and/or to let medics heal themselves free of charge at the hospital.

However this would be a great addition if you're a medic aiming to be active in more dangerous situations; you would be able to go to one of the empty hospital rooms, change out your uniform for more heavy duty gear, go to the scene and change back later.

So my verdict is that it isn't a terrible idea, but I don't think it's mandatory enough to be added as medics have no way of defense other than fists or running away. Bad circumstances can be avoided if you were to simply find an area which is less susceptible to attack.

I'm going to stay neutral on this one.