Laptop for Perp

back in my day as long as you could load in any laptop was good enough for perp. demon time 15fps on a Sony Vaio mate is what I'd suggest.

I honestly am not up to date on current laptop lineups but as a general rule of thumb right now:

Get AMD, efficiency helps with battery but they're also generally cooler and better.
Consider a laptop cooler, the summer will fuck you up and some coolers legit work.

Lenovo Legion 5 seems very affordable. I recommend buying the RTX 4070 version instead of the 4060.
You can also look around in Lenovo's (and I also believe HP/Dell) shops. They sometimes offer FreeDOS as a operating system which can save you about 100 bucks, you just need to install Windows yourself.

I honestly am not up to date on current laptop lineups but as a general rule of thumb right now:

Get AMD, efficiency helps with battery but they're also generally cooler and better.
Consider a laptop cooler, the summer will fuck you up and some coolers legit work.

Lenovo Legion 5 seems very affordable. I recommend buying the RTX 4070 version instead of the 4060.
You can also look around in Lenovo's (and I also believe HP/Dell) shops. They sometimes offer FreeDOS as an operating system which can save you about 100 bucks, you just need to install Windows yourself.
The lord has spoken

You might want to consider getting a Steam Deck or even better, a ROG Ally with the Z1 Extreme processor. Pair that with a dock, mouse, keyboard and potentially a screen and you'll be set. Might not be ideal if you want to use the built-in screen since it's small and performance wise an expensive laptop will trounce the handheld machines but something to think about nonetheless.

Another added bonus is that after you get back to your setup, you'll have a new way to play games, so the money isn't wasted on something you'll never use again.

You might want to consider getting a Steam Deck or even better, a ROG Ally with the Z1 Extreme processor. Pair that with a dock, mouse, keyboard and potentially a screen and you'll be set. Might not be ideal if you want to use the built-in screen since it's small and performance wise an expensive laptop will trounce the handheld machines but something to think about nonetheless.

Another added bonus is that after you get back to your setup, you'll have a new way to play games, so the money isn't wasted on something you'll never use again.
I love my deck and wouldn't want to miss it but it's just not the right thing when you want an actual PC/laptop.

Just wanted to say thank you everyone for helping out!

Might seem small but as someone who doesn’t know much about PCs this was abit of a headache, however, everyone’s advice was super helpful!

I fired up my (not so) new Acer Nitro V today and it ran PERP like a dream, getting 50 FPS in bazaar was the tell!

Thanks all.

Back