Jimmy Needs PC Building Assistance

Reaction score
So as most of you know my laptop fucking died. It went to the repair shop and the guy basically said that for the price of the parts to repair it you might as well just get a new one. So instead of buying another craptop I'll build a gaming PC! What could go wrong?

I've created a PC Part Picker list with the parts I think fit best with what I want. I'm not looking for a supercomputer here, 60fps 1080p on high/ultra on most games is good for me.

4db7916c1a6f46c7a088afe23a8acd14.png

List is here if you want to edit it. https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/DhNfFd

I basically want to know if what I've got is good, if I'm wasting too much money on unneeded shit or if there's anything you would recommend spending more on or upgrading. I've never built a PC before so any advice is appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Reaction score
Power supply is a bit iffy, just to be safe I would up it to around 600w and if you want to go a bit further get a better CPU. Its gucci other than that and the 1060 is a good choice

M

Reaction score
I thought you were still in the industrial era in Scotland?

There+is+no+other+nationality+that+i+would+rather+be+_81eb9986acad2e080a7b43306de7b312.jpg

Just buy a stock one for christ sake =(

Reaction score
Your part list is fairly similar to mine a few suggestions based on my PC.

Instead of getting a i5-6500, spend a little bit more and upgrade to the i5-6600 or i5-6600k if you are looking to overclock that's the chip I use a 6600 and it is worth the extra £'s.

For your SSD save yourself some money and get the SanDisk Ultra II again, I use this and it boots my PC in 8 seconds and was easy to install.

I also have the R4 and its a sexy case overall i rate your PC

Last edited: