Let people try to escape from cops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Main idea: Currently, if you get pulled over, you can not escape unless you have a valid reason such as being wanted for example. Since the player base is so low, and people are kinda already doing this, let them do it.

Description: I'm pretty sure this has been suggested before, but I believe that now with the low player base, we need more roleplay scenarios, and let people be freer. So I suggest that we allow people to try to escape from cops, even for minor things, but they are not allowed to start a shootout because of it.

Let me give you an example. You have been recklessly driving on the highway, speeding and drifting in the highway bends, an RTU officer catches you on their speed radar and they try to pull you over. I want to allow the suspect to try to escape, to make it more fun, and to get more roleplay scenarios happening. Of course, if the suspect decides to start a pursuit, they must know that they are taking the risk of getting caught, and if they do. They are not allowed to use deadly force.

This would be a rule change to 3.4, but I want to discuss this idea, and see what you guys input is.

Pros: More fun, both for cops and criminals. More roleplay scenarios.

Cons: Might cause unnecessary situations, like accidentally running pedestrians over?

Reaction score
As @Pugga said. As long as your intentions aren't to cause a shootout. I think that maybe this should be lowered and written to certain sentences. Such as illegal parking may not be worth it, but drifting inside the city is (it's an arrestable offence after all).

And also that 6.5, 6.9 is not good enough of a reason to start a shootout

Overall, I like the idea and do believe you should be able to RP as a bad street racer boy without getting banned. But you should be aware of the consequences. This might actually help calm cops down in pursuits.

Reaction score
The rule is written as if the PD are an unstoppable force that can efficiently stop a car without blatantly resorting to violations of public safety. If someone wants to risk an extended jail sentence by trying to escape then why the fuck would anyone other than the cops want to stop them?

As long as someone doesn't try spraying down the whole PD to avoid a ticket then its all gucci.

Reaction score
This is exactly the point. If someone runs for a petty reason they shouldn't start a shootout.

It's actually pretty fun to get a shootout not result in pew pew

Reaction score
I only shoot police in Pursuits if they do something retarded like try flat out murdering me with some fucked up poorly planned PIT manoeuvre. Imo it Doesn’t matter what you did to begin with, once police use lethal force on you, you return it back to them because of rule 3.6 :)

Reaction score
What I'm trying to say, allow people to attempt to run from cops for more minor things, too as it is now. I'm not talking about running a stop sign or a parking ticket. I guess you can figure that out. Not to give anyone a reason to start a shootout, but to get some more scenarios that are fun. The suspect who tries to escape has to agree that he might get caught, and then have to stand for the consequences like getting a small jail sentence, and not to start a shootout.

Reaction score
Which then loops back to not being allowed to flee from traffic stops because it escalates like this.

Reaction score
This is basically already a thing, I get that you're trying to make it less restrictive regardless, however, currently, the rules allow you to evade as long as you have a reasonable chance of escape as there is clearly an obvious benefit to escaping with no ticket or small jail sentence compared to getting one.

I don't see why this should be changed, I feel like it would only encourage people to evade over extremely minor things as well as attempt to evade with no realistic chance of escape.

Saying that you can only evade over things such as being wanted for a felony is ridiculous, there is a clear advantage if you manage to escape but I don't feel that people should be encouraged to evade without a reasonable chance of escape. At the moment, generally speaking, most people are in fact caught, however, this seems to be just because people speed off in the same car and just drive round in front of police again minutes later, you have an extremely high chance of getting away with no charges at all if you evade realistically and just 'lay low' for a while until police forget about what happened.

As long as you have a reasonable chance of escape and do so realistically, I don't see a problem with evading.

However, with this said, I do agree that this could be relaxed a bit more allowing you to take a bit more of a risk to create some more dynamic encounters compared to just someone in a supercar making the Kessle run in 12 parsecs, never to be seen again.

I would just make a thread in the rules discussion forum, I doubt many people at all will be opposed to this if it is relaxed a little but doesn't cause complete chaos.

Sam

Reaction score
Moved

This thread should be under rule suggestions. Please edit the original post to match required template.

Status
Not open for further replies.