Life Alert Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Extra to Life Alerts

Short explanation (in notes):
- Government members life alerts have something to indicate their job eg different colour
- Different colours for different jobs
- Maybe it has there job in front of their life alert message

Detailed description (why should it become added/...): I think it should be added because currently its hard to tell what that person's job is because usually its more priority to respond to a government members life alert eg Police, mayor etc

Optional additions:
- Mayor's life alert stands out more
-
-

Reaction score
It would make it easier to prioritise different life alerts if they happen simultaneously. Going to stay as neutral for now and see if anyone else says anything that might change my mind.

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm kind of torn on this
On one hand, if this is implemented, it kind of just forces government employee lives to be that more important than civilian life (as it is now clearly in its own color). Imagine, a civilian life alert goes off, and while the medic is moving there, an officers life alert then pops up, leaving the medic in a difficult position of choosing who to save, when the civilian's life alert popped up first (just because he is an officer)
On the other hand, it would help the dispatching of emergency personel when they do in fact pop up.

-/+ Neutral

Last edited:
Reaction score
It would make it easier to prioritise different life alerts if they happen simultaneously. Going to stay as neutral for now and see if anyone else says anything that might change my mind.
Life alerts shouldn't really be prioritised, it'd be unethical to do so
[DOUBLEPOST=1436299230,1436298043][/DOUBLEPOST]
Life alerts shouldn't really be prioritised, it'd be unethical to do so
Can't comment as I'm on my phone but the only reason life alerts should be prioritised is their clinical condition and the time since call, if you have a copper who life alerts in the forest and the nearest medic is at slums, its gonna take them a while to get there. If they pass a pursuit that has ended in a crash resulting in death on the way at the intersection they should stop there and deal with that. As a lifesaver you shouldn't let who they are affect your judgement. The only circumstance I can see prioritising officers over criminals as remotely justifiable is during a raid or similar when they would be needed to help those still alive. However to do so is unrealistic as they wouldn't be fit to go back on duty straight away, never mind a shootout.

Reaction score
@Chrissy said it best, life alerts should not be on an individual priority as calls come in.

As a trauma surgeon you simply treat enough to make sure a patient survives then move on to the next, luxuries are omitted. But that's an on scene scenario for the medic to take care of. To receive the calls then simply say someone should die or go ignored because they don't have a certain societal status is inhumane to say the least and not proper medical treatment. Of course medics are allowed to prioritize certain people on scene such as police before other victims, but that doesn't mean they should simply ignore certain calls for help by nongovernmental employees.

Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.