Server Suggestion Lights ( Revamp on how lights work )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Lights ( Revamp on how lights work )
Suggestion Description: So! Lights do not actual show or give any light from what I have been seeing for a while now in my time of playing. I want the headlights to be a very useful thing and not there just for show as everyone has been doing for the several years/months/weeks/days it has been in the game. This is what I am wanting.

Why do I want this to be added?

I want this for a more realistic time playing the game and give a sense of reality so you can properly feel the effects that the game can send to you. This will make more uses on having headlights to see better and make use of the headlights. Lamp lights and flashlights should also be revamped as well as it's use is very helpful to the User/Players if they want to see in the dark and not eerily dark.

How will this help and affect the game play for the Users playing the game.

This gives a better realistic effect for players to have and really use it. But 1 major negative is what ping will actually be an effects which gives a downside to playing especially in areas where you have a lot of lights around you which no one likes. Although, the ping will be high ( from what i believe ) it will show and present some what of a better experience seeing people from a far and up close and removing the more dark to being light and more enjoyable.

Why should this be added?:
- This will increase use of the lights and their use of it.

- This will give them a better realistic experience.

- They will receive more affects putting on them making them change how they play and how they use it

- Gives a more enjoyable expierience

What negatives could this have?:
- Ping Increased.

- Maybe not necessary for the game.

- Will not help the players at all.

What problem would this suggestion solve?: It increases the use of how Lights work on the GMOD Server

Reaction score
Lights do not actual show or give any light from what I have been seeing for a while
Are you sure you don't have r_shadows set to 0? set it to 1. In the f1 menu you can also customize headlight range to let your set the range of headlights to your liking.

Be aware that headlights are pretty expensive and kill FPS quickly, I've had them disabled for years.

Reaction score
You have a graphics setting turned off that makes them no longer emit light.

Reaction score
You'd be surprised to know that they do work, as well as brakes, turn signals, emergency lights, everything to make your game slower.
Headlights even have an option for you to set how far away they can reach.
yX5GnVGUE2F6kYDq.png

Reaction score

You'd be surprised to know that they do work, as well as brakes, turn signals, emergency lights, everything to make your game slower.
Headlights even have an option for you to set how far away they can reach.
yX5GnVGUE2F6kYDq.png
Are you sure you don't have r_shadows set to 0? set it to 1. In the f1 menu you can also customize headlight range to let your set the range of headlights to your liking.

Be aware that headlights are pretty expensive and kill FPS quickly, I've had them disabled for years.

Enjoy your new found lights of Paralake!! ^-^

Status
Not open for further replies.