Server Suggestion Emergency Lights auto-shut

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Emergency Lights auto-shut
Suggestion Description: emergency lights auto-shutoff upon exit of an emergency vehicle. This increases FPS for more people so it's very simple and harmless.

Why should this be added?:
-  MORE FPS for everybody in roleplay
- roleplay can happen more fluidly
- Helps people with lesser powerful pc's in playing PERPheads.
- PLPD Handbook classifies code 2 as responding urgently without lights or sirens. Therefore no lights are needed when code 2 is used.

What negatives could this have?:
- I can't think of any. if a emergency vehicle is parked illegally then by the handbook of PLPD that is sufficient to stand as code 2 response even without lights on.

Screenshot_7.png

Reaction score
Emergency vehicles parked on the road at a situation keep their lights on to warn other road users of a hazard. This would be an inadvisable change considering emergency vehicles have to commonly stop on the highway. PERP drivers are bad enough at avoiding parked ambulances and police cars with their lights on, let alone with no lights at all to warn them.

Reaction score
I get it's annoying to the eye and FPS but it's quite literally what the police have to do to warns other of there being an emergency incident and to take caution/avoid the area, so this is a bad idea and has very little benefit for what it takes away.

Reaction score
In most scenes If players are not able to use common sense to tell that a bunch of police cars parked in the middle of the road indicates enough that an emergency incident is present then whatever happens to them is their fault in my opinion

For example a shootout at slums, your lights off. Still, theres many reasons to realize not to approach as a civ:

1)shots heard
2) parked cop and medic cars in road code 2
3) police coordon
4) possibly bodies scattered

In the incident of a traffic accident you still have your hazards that wouldn't auto shut off.

Reaction score
I think instead of disable it they should improve its appearance, that what I expect the most from v6 update

Last edited:
Reaction score
but there should be flashing lights when police are parked at a scene, it shows there’s an emergency and to stay away

Reaction score
PERP is not really an E-Sport game, as many would like to believe. Sometimes we have to make trade-offs for the sake of playability instead of performance.

How will I warn people on the highway, that there's a stopped vehicle in the road, when it's dark? I am not in the car most of the time.

Reaction score
-  MORE FPS for everybody in roleplay
what roleplay requires a lot of frames? typing a /me command that you're breathing?

Admit it, it's for shootouts and nothing else. They have their uses and aren't annoying, if anything they can actually be helpful for criminals identifying cops responding to a crime scene more easily if you got the manpower to spray them up if we were to completely remove lights via some magic option (I know your suggestion is different but my case still stands, no one should be able to alter critical gameplay visuals. Skins are different and out of this topic.)

Reaction score
what roleplay requires a lot of frames? typing a /me command that you're breathing?

Admit it, it's for shootouts and nothing else. They have their uses and aren't annoying, if anything they can actually be helpful for criminals identifying cops responding to a crime scene more easily if you got the manpower to spray them up if we were to completely remove lights via some magic option (I know your suggestion is different but my case still stands, no one should be able to alter critical gameplay visuals. Skins are different and out of this topic.)
My point isn't having "lots of frames," it's making the game playable for some and improving it for others by sacrificing something negligible.

in my experience before i upgraded my pc it was a budget 600$ build. If I looked in the direction of a cop car with lights on I was sitting on 40 or less FPS. My friend told me his game runs at like 30 fps and he's happy with 40 cause of his pc being bad. I'm not a developer so I might be wrong about this affecting FPS a lot but I'm just sayin whatever helps helps if it's negligible, especially in the case of lesser expensive pcs trying to play on high pop.

Reaction score
Simple solution to police lights being very laggy is using "r_shadows 0" in console, although it doesnt remove the performance issues entirely it does help alot.

Reaction score

Too many concerns raised above, voted agaiinst by communiity