Alley light's (Roof mounted searchlight)

Reaction score
Topic: Alley Lights

Short explanation (in notes):
- Makes It easier to patrol
- Makes the roads brighter at night time
- Cops/Criminals can use this!

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
Hey, I figured that the night's in Paralake City are really dark. Meaning, This makes It harder for cops to patrol. I have a Idea to Implement Alley lights for night time patrolling, Alley lights are mounted on the left and right side of the light bar, It give's a powerful light beam to profile side illumination, it makes the job of an Police/Speed Officer patrolling a lot more easier. They can see what's happening around them and still in the safety of the squad car.

Optional additions:
- Criminals can upgrade there headlights to make them brighter for a good amount of money.
- Backup lights do illuminate a small area when reversing
-

Last edited:
Reaction score
I like this Idea! But there's no format! Please use the following template (I will fill this out for you, I even brushed up the grammar and spelling a liitle :) )
Topic: Alley Lights

Short explanation (in notes):
- Makes It easier to patrol
- Makes the roads brighter at night time
- Cops/Criminals can use this!

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
Hey, I figured that the night's in Paralake City are really dark. Meaning, This makes It harder for cops to patrol. I have a Idea to Implement Alley lights for night time patrolling, Alley lights are mounted on the left and right side of the light bar, It give's a powerful light beam to profile side illumination, it makes the job of an Police/Speed Officer patrolling a lot more easier. They can see what's happening around them and still in the safety of the squad car.

Optional additions:
- Criminals can upgrade there headlights to make them brighter for a good amount of money.
-
-
EDIT: FEEL FREE TO USE THIS ON YOUR POST TO AVOID BEING DENIED

Last edited:
Reaction score
+Support

This would make life a lot easier, especially when you lose someone at night in the forest, it can be a true hell looking for someone in the dark, and being able to illuminate the area around you would make it a whole lot easier for us to find the perp, and of course for the perp to spot us and run away!

Reaction score
+Support

This would make life a lot easier, especially when you lose someone at night in the forest, it can be a true hell looking for someone in the dark, and being able to illuminate the area around you would make it a whole lot easier for us to find the perp, and of course for the perp to spot us and run away!

yeah and also when you see something suspisious in a alley that you bairly cant see... Just put them on

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is overall a good idea, as during the night (which is around 80% of the time, if you were to believe everything you hear), it is rather dark, and the headlights don't make a massive difference, especially in the forest. Alley lights would (or should) improve sight significantly, and would definitely help in navigating darker places of the city, such as the forest.
However, perhaps while doing this, adding a law (heck, maybe even a rule) to prevent people from using them in the main part of the City, as it would have a major effect on FPS, due to the impact that lights make, even with the regular headlights.

I support this, as long as a law (or rule) is added to prevent them from being used in the main city or heavily populated areas that are already somewhat well-lit.

Reaction score
Pressing V in the police vehicle with a mounted search light should activate it. It should be controlled by the player's camera but should be slower than the camera therefore a player can't toss his mouse 180 degrees and instantly have a searchlight at his camera angle. Also it should be limited to the range.

Passenger seat (2nd seat) should use left click to activate the search light for the right side and have the same options. This promotes buddies in my opinion.

+Support

This would be amazing in-game and would heavily increase police roleplay

Reaction score
I'd rather see a spotlight which is mounted on the front of a patrol car.

Here is an example of what it looks like:
east_hartford3.JPG

Reaction score
I think it should be for cops only, to trolly for civilians with Bugatti's....

"- Criminals can upgrade there headlights to make them brighter for a good amount of money." - no please

Reaction score
I'd rather see a spotlight which is mounted on the front of a patrol car.

Here is an example of what it looks like:
east_hartford3.JPG

Yeah this is exactly what i mean! But here in the netherlands we have them on the roof ... (Dutch logica) like this

visibeamon.jpg
jfi89w.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1439774510,1438474146][/DOUBLEPOST]I've decided to wake this topic back up... i found an example of how it should look like. Its from gta 4 and its called the spotlight mod. (
)

Reaction score
How would you be able to control them, have they ever been introduced into Garry's Mod

If you have read the whole topic you should've saw this

Pressing V in the police vehicle with a mounted search light should activate it. It should be controlled by the player's camera but should be slower than the camera therefore a player can't toss his mouse 180 degrees and instantly have a searchlight at his camera angle. Also it should be limited to the range.

Passenger seat (2nd seat) should use left click to activate the search light for the right side and have the same options. This promotes buddies in my opinion.

+Support

This would be amazing in-game and would heavily increase police roleplay

Reaction score
I recently noticed that the vehicle has additional bodygroups

1aa26d3453.jpg
police computer for example.

e30ce592fb.jpg

There's no doubt the vehicle has a searchlight bodygroup.

679ecbfa27.jpg

Bodygroup source

0239cfc233.jpg

I also can't avoid noticing this in the process of finding the bodygroups for searchlights. A radio.

Same with this, "Cage"
3cb5b1b29c.jpg

Reaction score
-/+ Neutral I like it, but I don't know I just don't feel it's really necessary... Maybe just have one search light the passenger can use, if an officer is on their own then can use it, just not in the drivers seat. But yeah -/+