Longer reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: The ability to write longer reports

Short explanation (in notes):
-
Have the ability to make longer reports.
-
Or have a new report menu, that can (Possibly) be added in the f1.

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
Recently I've been making some reports, where 7/10 times I run out of space where
to write. Having the ability to write longer reports, in my opinion would in some
situations avoid misunderstanding and the questioning of the /report made that was
cut off by the limit. This also potentially would increase the answering of /reports
faster, because the staff team would ask less questions of what happened because
the reports would be more specific. (Not saying that it would)

Optional additions:
-
Add a report tab in the f1 menu or binded to another key.
- Possibly add a minimum letters to avoid reports like "Admin to me "
- Possibly add a maximum letters to avoid reports too long. (And I mean like a book long)

Reaction score
You have my full support on this one, maybe not the "Report Tab" but i like the idea of increasing the limit of characters to write.

Even though i'm pretty much completely inactive, the times when i do hop onto PerpHeads and back when i was active it always bugged me when writing reports that you run out of characters mid way through explaining a situation.

I'm not sure how others report but i am quite a freak at keeping things nice and organised so i like to report in the format:
[Name] - [Rule] - [Overview of situation] and generally the name and rule take half of the "space" to write the report and then i don't feel i can explain the situation in my report as fully as i would like so i cut out words here and there and then my reports come out in "bad English".

Oops.. Long winded way of saying +Support, would be really useful.

Reaction score
I'll support this as you can't state what happened, because most of the "space" is filled with other stuff, not stating the incident.

+Support

Reaction score
I think that this would really help since staff do ask for reports to be detailed and this would make everyone's lives a lot easier.

+support

Reaction score
I have this problem alot, really needs to be added.

| Report | John Doe | 1.1, 3.4, 3.6 John Doe called me a cunt in LOOC and he ran away from gunpoint when I poi......

Really annoying.

+Support

Reaction score
"well hello admin this guy broke 3.4 and....." So what i mean by this is that it is a really good idea. You alway get annoyed with it.

You have my support.

Reaction score
The problem is the chat system garrys mod uses the limit to my knowledge cannot be changed I believe that a report menu would work.

I have this issue all the time its why my reports are always short and sometimes get closed.

Reaction score
So as I haven't replied to this yet I've decided to do so as I got nothing else to do...

So under the last time when I've been now fully home I've looked at a lot reports and I've always been thinking about this one, what I was really thinking is; This is not needed for the moment. There's maybe one report per day thats over the limit where people have to make a second one, but to be honest there's no need to go into a detailed story where for example this report that I saw a couple of days ago
I just walked to my bazaar shop and got mugged, I then walked out of the bazaar shop and got raided, I then sold my items
(that's what I can remember) What can a report then be instead of just a story how it happend?
Just got mugged by <Name> I believe he broke 5.1 by mugging me <Area>
That makes it much easier for an administrator to deal with instead of getting a full story on how it happened. So for now I see no need for this.

-Support.

Reaction score
+Support

Making some kind of UI so that you can make reports would be a good idea, not to mention if there was a dropdown for what kind of report it is (Rule section, 1.0, 2.0 etc.)

MattIs

download.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.