Looking for alternative war games.

• Thread starter Deleted member 1235
  • Start date

Deleted member 1235

Hi guys, I wonder if you can help me. I'm getting a bit bored of my steam library and I'm looking for some war games to play. I don't mind the genre, but preferably RTS/FPS and I would also it rather any war other than WWII.

I've heard of the usual games such as Verdun for WWI or Wargame for Cold War etc but I wonder if you guys have heard or know of any games? I'd love a RTS set in either the Korean war or Vietnam, (as all I can think of is MOW: Vietnam). So please let me know down below, if they're multiplayer then maybe we can play together :p

(Real wars preferably, anything from 1850-2000)

Reaction score
latest

Last edited:
Reaction score
Call of duty world at war

Battle of Empires: 1914-1918

Toy Soldiers

Valiant Hearts: The Great War (my fav game)

thats what i could find

Reaction score
Hidden and dangerous 2, great game

Really hard to find, if u want one ill give you a copy!

Reaction score
header-banner1.33f7482083dc.jpg
Minecraft. A war of survival between one man and an army of zombies, exploding lizards, skeletons, teleporting thingies, and spiders.
oh and pigs.
and for people who think i'm serious- i'm not

Last edited:

Deleted member 4983

Company of heroes I But company of heroes II isnt that gud

Ayjay

Reaction score
le-mignon-carapuce-pourrait-bien-faire-de.jpg

Pokemon go?

Games fucking brutal, spent about an hour trying to catch Snorlax and found myself almost headbutting an elderly lady walking towards a point of interest.

Reaction score
Sounds you got a good taste of gaming. Here, let me show you my experience.
Of course Call of Duty would make the list, even if it is starting to get a lot of hate nowadays!
--> Call of Duty World at War
--> Call of Duty 3
--> Call of Duty Black Ops, Sure this ain't WW2, but a good one when it comes to the cold war.

Battlefield classics can maybe suprise you!
--> Battlefield 1942 (With DLC's)
--> Battlefield 1943 (Not sure if console only though)

Why not shoot some Nazi's as an elite sniper in:
--> Sniper Elite 2. You gonna enjoy the slow motion kills and skull crushes that comes with it!

RTS is a really fun way to play in the WW2 setting.
--> Men at War
--> Company of Heroes + Company of Heroes 2. Focussing on both fronts of the war. If you never played it, I recommend this beautiful game.

Valve has made some great games in the past.
--> Day of Defeat: Source. Like the Counter Strike Franchise? Like taking command posts? You gotta try this game as it delivers multiple classes you can choose from. Not a lot of guns, but some variation to keep you late up at night!

Hope you get some little inspiration out of this one! Good luck finding a game you like!