Massive FPS drops when tabbing back into GMod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey, recently I've been experiencing a really bad issue in which whenever I tab out of my game at any time there's a high chance that when I tab back in my FPS drops massively and makes the game unplayable. Sometimes it passes but most of the time I have to disconnect and this has cost me lots of good RP experiences and such.

What I've tried:
- Reinstalling the game
- Verify integrity of game files
- Reinstalling CSS
- Moving GMod to SSD
- Checks on GPU and CPU (seem fine)

It may be my GTX 750 that's just simply failing, which I wouldn't be surprised by but only recently this issue has come up. If anyone has any advice or has experienced this, please say below as I want to get this fixed asap.

Thanks.

Reaction score
I suffer from this too, don't think this is solvable tbh, the game's old. Tabbing back and forth a few times does fix it for me.

Reaction score
  • Staff
Oh I'll try that next time it happens, thanks. Upgrading GPU can never hurt to be fair.. especially when you have a 750 xd

Reaction score
I agree, but your GPU probably isnt at fault here. gmod runs almost fully on the CPU. you could litteraly play with onboard graphics and get similar FPS as a 2080TI.

Reaction score
This isn't really solveable unless you get a better CPU or make the game fullscreen instead of fullscreen windowed.

Another fix you can try is not using chrome at the same time, spazzes the game out a bit.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.