Mayor Election Phone App

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discusstion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/mayor-election-phone-app.17739/
Main Idea: Have a new app on the phone for mayor elections
Full description of the idea: There would be a new app on the phone such as the monorail one which will allow the user to vote for the mayor when the time comes.
Why should it be added: It should be added as at the moment when you are driving or say, in the middle of a shootout as police or criminal, if the mayor election box comes up you cant do anything until you have voted for the mayor which usually makes people rush and not think. Also, if you are driving a vehicle and are at high speeds and it comes up, it may cause you to go off the road and potentially wreck your car or die.
Pros:
-Makes voting easier
-Makes people think more when voting
Cons:
-People may not vote

Reaction score
Personally while I admit the mayor voting system is flawed in its design, to me this creates an unjust burden for people to have their vote counted. Not everyone has a phone on them at all times or can afford to get one. So if you don't have yours at the time voting starts, you could miss out on the whole thing.

Speaking for myself, I would not be in favor of this.

Reaction score
To be honest, I can see where you are coming from, but to be honest, if someone cant vote, it wont harm the election process to much, there is 70 people on the server at most times and from 50 in the early morning times to late evening times so there would be at least 25-50 votes at a time. At the moment, the way the voting works is that someone enters the vote, then they advert what they would give to the community, if there where an app for this, instead of the chat spammed with adverts, the candidates could simply right in a box, what they wish to give and once it is written it is final, there is flaws, but isn't there flaws in everything, where there is a flaw, there is a pro, its seriousRP at the end of the day, so surely even an app or like Cllser said, a ballot would make the RP even more serious as IRL you don't have a box come up in your face asking for a vote.
[DOUBLEPOST=1469193733,1469136378][/DOUBLEPOST]You can only know something is going to work by testing it over a certain time period, such as the monorail app which is successful.

Reaction score
There should be some kind of alert or notification when you are able to vote, otherwise I really see quite a lot of people just forgetting about it and it would result in a fairly low amount of people voting. As well as that I'm not too sure about this, yes its annoying that sometimes the person in the middle automatically wins or it popups while you are driving at high speed and you crash. However creating it's own app in which only a quite small fraction of the people on the server will use will as a result to make voting more fair is a bit too much for how much it will actually get used. I like the idea, and I could be wrong about the amount of people that will use it since some people actually care about who is mayor, but I think there could be other ways to resolve this which will still enable everyone to vote while not causing them to instaclick the middle person. So yeah maybe adding some sort of thing that would make people aware they are now able to vote might make more people use the app.

Reaction score
Denied

Due to the length of time this thread has been open, it will now be moved to the Denied section.

Status
Not open for further replies.