Server Suggestion Mayor Overhaul

Reaction score
Description of the idea: Adding the Mayor to become an OOC elected position selected by the community, ballot boxes could be located around the map, and individuals could rally support and advertise causing an influx of players. These elections I would suggest being every 2-3 months, the Mayor would then have the ability to bring in a Cabinet of sorts that would in RP meet and discuss laws + more. The specific powers of the Mayor should probably be discussed by the Community Manager + Community.

Why should this be added? (pros): More roleplay, allows for laws to be decided by players.

What negatives could this have? (cons): Meme elections, I don’t want J__ <Redacted> becoming Mayor. Allow for Senior Administration to shortlist the applicants to the final process, you could even have a debate in TeamSpeak which again, would attract players!

*Other additions:

Reaction score
The council relied on 8 individuals (if I'm right?), this relies on one, that has campaigned, debated and gathered community support. If his cabinet below him becomes inactive he replaces them, that's easy to do. You could say the same for my server, why can't x person leave a critical role inactive...?

Simple, kids on video games love power, the forums, and the egos that come along with them prove that. My suggestion would honestly allow the Mayor and the government control over the PD and have the power to shake up a lot of things. Get's rid of stale inactive noobs.

Reaction score
I'd like to see this implemented.

Only thing I'll add is that normal players should be able to run for something like "assistant mayor" ingame, which grants access to the current mayor system. I wouldn't like to see the job whitelisted completely so this is a decent compromise.

If the elected Mayor comes on and there is a retarded Assistant mayor pumping taxes to 50% then he can just fire them.

Reaction score
This is brilliant and based. Thank you, Husky.

There needs to be some loose ends tied up, so people can't just think of ridiculous ways and excuses to left-mouse-button the Mayor and his entire cabinet. This suggestion actually adds a whole new roleplay environment and style. Let's just hope it's introduced with everything thought of, to prevent it from being immediately ruined. Blessed.

Could even have presidential visits to Paralake events, where the president comes down to meet the Mayor, the current Cabinet, etc. This also allows the Community Manager to have the final in-character say, use the presidential administration as a last resort of preventing stupid and ridiculous in-character legislation passes and abuse of power.

Reaction score
Amazing Idea, that can enhance the mayor RP so it isn't "0 tax, vote for me"