Me revving my car for funsies

Reaction score
I thought I'd have fun and rev my car in the driveway, and now I'm pretty curious. If anyone thinks they've got themselves a good sounding car, give it a rev and post it here!

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle (Not Turbo :( ) Hatchback

Reaction score
what the actual fuck.

your car is cold, you rev it, almost redlining it, hello?

I have a nice recording of my friends car he bought I'll see if i can upload it by tomorrow

Reaction score
what the actual fuck.

your car is cold, you rev it, almost redlining it, hello?

I have a nice recording of my friends car he bought I'll see if i can upload it by tomorrow

thermometer has three settings "Cold as fuck/engine broke" "nothing" and "car's about to stall out brb"

Reaction score
its done 127000 miles its probably on its last legs anyway if its a german car

Lol it really is. The thing needs to go in for work every month or two, and I can't fix the damn stuff myself because I don't have heavy equipment. Volkswagen sure knows how to make you keep coming back to them.

Reaction score
Lol it really is. The thing needs to go in for work every month or two, and I can't fix the damn stuff myself because I don't have heavy equipment. Volkswagen sure knows how to make you keep coming back to them.
if a car is costing you more money to fix than its worth its time to get a new car dude i would go japanese if i were you, unless you like it a lot then in that case keep it

Reaction score
if a car is costing you more money to fix than its worth its time to get a new car dude i would go japanese if i were you

The car is a hand-me down until I can get my own full time. I'm thinking of going honda, they last like hell.

Reaction score
get an audi if you dont want to work on it, always works my 2016 model A6 has never annoyed me other than one of the lights cutting out which was just popping at service station for like 3 min

Reaction score
get an audi if you dont want to work on it, always works my 2016 model A6 has never annoyed me other than one of the lights cutting out which was just popping at service station for like 3 min
Anything past 2008 seems to be in good condition, our Mercedes didn't have any problems until last year where we had to replace the alternator and battery, everything else is fine and always passes trough inspection at TÜV with 130KM mileage (Got it at 20KM) if you service it early enough and don't drive like a retard by late shifting near 3-4K RPM. Audi's are also very nice but Turks always go for Merc or BMW anyways.

Reaction score

I want an Audi very badly, however I can't really afford one.

Reaction score
I've been thinking about it. I like Automatic cars for convenience but a standard might be nice to have for the extra MPG
Also it honestly ain’t great for MPG depending on how your car is geared. If it’s a car you buy from the US it’s prolly geared low meaning the sprockets are smaller. Meaning it takes more power to spin a full rotation, meaning throwing your car into 6th to save MPG when your going 30 may save you a bit of money (Like 5 bucks in between fill ups) it can actually cause tremendous wear on your transmission a lot faster than normal, but of course this depends on how the gearing is set up. Don’t buy a manual just for the MPG though as it’s honestly not that much, buy one for the experience, as it is a genuine challenge to learn how to drive one for the first time(especially on hills).