Minor Rule Changes - 11/08/2023

Reaction score
1.2 Discrimination

Any form of discrimination is not tolerated in an out-of-character context. Racism and homophobia are not tolerated in-character. Other forms of discrimination, whereas discouraged, are allowed in-character and are subject to the discretion of the players involved.

If a player is uncomfortable with the use of discriminatory language, they may request it to stop in LOOC chat or a report. All players involved must respect this.

Additionally, players may not knowingly use details of another player’s personal life or identity to discriminate against them.
:eek::dead:

Reaction score
''Any form of discrimination, including but not limited to racism, homophobia, transphobia, xenophobia, and discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity, is strictly prohibited in all contexts, whether in-character or out-of-character.''

So just to be clear that telling some to ''stop bitching'' for example is now a ban able offense? Would also like a explanation to what ''Xenophobia'' entails, because that sounds extremely extensive if racism does not cover it. Is complaining about ''squakers'' (children) on the radio now against the rules as well?
A bitch is a female dog. If you think otherwise, you might be the sexist one.

Oh except @sidd, he's not a female dog. He's just my bitch.

Do you see how what I said is not discriminatory at all? It's almost as if you need context for something to be discriminatory.

Reaction score
I wouldn't say that telling someone to stop bitching is any form of the mentioned types of discrimination, using "bitching" to refer to someone complaining/shit-talking is a pretty common use and I can't imagine that many people using it are doing so in to intentionally be discriminatory.

Xenophobia and racism are similar but different; racism is the act of prejudice/discrimination against people based on race, whereas xenophobia is prejudice/discrimination based on their country of origin. For example, if you were to make a comment hating on me for being British that would be an act of xenophobia but not racism.
As a dane, this has happened many times before!

Reaction score
Do you see how what I said is not discriminatory at all? It's almost as if you need context for something to be discriminatory.
Unfortunately for you the rule states it is strictly prohibited in all contexts, whether in-character or out-of-character.

That is my entire point, if someone says something is prohibited in all contexts I take it as a ultimate. As in all contexts, it does not matter if its a joke, it does not matter if the other guy is in on it. I believe this can be used maliciously if someone is petty enough to go through the hassle of trying to get someone punished for something that might just be a harmless inside joke.

Reaction score
Unfortunately for you the rule states it is strictly prohibited in all contexts, whether in-character or out-of-character.

That is my entire point, if someone says something is prohibited in all contexts I take it as a ultimate. As in all contexts, it does not matter if its a joke, it does not matter if the other guy is in on it. I believe this can be used maliciously if someone is petty enough to go through the hassle of trying to get someone punished for something that might just be a harmless inside joke.
In all contexts meaning there is a context to it being discriminatory.

There is always room for malicious use when rules are written like this though. It should be better defined.

Reaction score
Under no circumstances should defence props be placed in public or government buildings.

Is it allowed to use like concrete barriers in a public area to enhance roleplay like the sentence before says?

"Props may also be placed in public areas as long as they are benefiting roleplay and are not obstructing anything."

Reaction score
Is it allowed to use concrete barriers in a public area to enhance roleplay like the sentence before says?

"Props may also be placed in public areas as long as they are benefiting roleplay and are not obstructing anything."
"Under no circumstances should defence props be placed in public or government buildings."

The sentence you have quoted would still be correct, this change just bars placing defence props in pd, city hall, etc.

Reaction score
Reaction score
So placing defencive props in the FD, Roadcrew station or even Bazaar shops for decoration is not allowed?
Like: https://help.perpheads.com/image/1f0e0478-1a48-4c73-8cf2-f0a30c71c2fb
Bazaar shops are not public buildings. As for the rest, the wording of the rule would indicate that no that would not be allowed. However, as is with these things, I think an air of discretion would come into it and if you could demonstrate to a staff member that it is purely decoration and not in any way defensive construction then it's possible it would be looked past. I may need to be corrected on this though!

All of that said, you don't exactly need concrete barricades and chainlink fences to build good decorations. I'm more referring to the fences and bookshelves.

Reaction score
So placing defencive props in the FD, Roadcrew station or even Bazaar shops for decoration is not allowed?
Defensive props are props intentionally placed for defending your property such as the double barricade (one upside down) to protect against bullets, you can place items like concrete barriers, lights, metal detectors all you want as long as the intention is not to defend your property but rather to decorate (and will not use it as a defense), technically placing props at FD/RC is against 3.9 anyway but it is allowed under the enhancement of RP but you can be asked to clean up, same with this rule change probably

Reaction score
You are allowed to place them for decorations and roleplaying, but this got added mainly for city hall and how some Mayors and SS boarding up and have a heavy defense building around the mayors office for when they put the taxes up. It's been already enforced for a while but now we finally have it black on white.

Using props for passive roleplay and such is always allowed and encouraged! But defense builds are different, that's why we (@toby!) is also updating the construction guide.

Reaction score
Defensive props are props intentionally placed for defending your property such as the double barricade (one upside down) to protect against bullets, you can place items like concrete barriers, lights, metal detectors all you want as long as the intention is not to defend your property but rather to decorate (and will not use it as a defense), technically placing props at FD/RC is against 3.9 anyway but it is allowed under the enhancement of RP but you can be asked to clean up, same with this rule change probably
This is the correct answer. Using barricades and fences to make things look nice will continue to be fine, but if they're used for defence, it won't be